Dave - Journey to lose 180lb from June 2018 (Target achieved in 52 weeks)

Got the steps up this week as I felt I was lacking on the moving around.

11967 Saturday
11478 Sunday
14045 Monday
13549 Tuesday
18039 Wednesday
14337 Thursday
10079 Friday

7.5lbs off this week and the 2.5 stone off in 5 weeks :)

Another 4lbs off, the Club 10 Award has been achieved and a long way before my 20th Oct target :)

1531557997364.png

The potential is 2lb off per week which is what my aim was. I have updated this weekly.

3.5mile walk to work yesterday, 2.5mile walk the night before, cricket today which usually adds up to min 5 miles walking. I just need to work better on my meal planning.

well done Bert, it's great to see the progress chart, and the loss projections.

Does anyone buy the iceland ready meals? I've seen a couple of adverts on facebook and they look pretty nice. I've got a bbq coming up in August and was thinking of getting a few of the bits for that. I've also seen they do a curry sauce, is that any good? I do a quick fry of chicken and onion and adding a sauce to it and dishing up with some rice.

I'm a bit reluctant to start getting them as so far everything I've eaten has been fresh stuff and surely is better for you? It would be nice to have a few frozen meals for those days where no one can be doing with cooking though right!

Turns out in 6 weeks I've now lost the weight of my 3.5 year old daughter. That was a surprise. Occasionally when we've been out she's been asked to be carried back to the car etc and we struggle to walk too far carrying her as she's too heavy! I've basically shed that weight off in 6 weeks so it's no wonder I'm moving around a lot more freely.

I'm now looking into the cycle to work scheme but having looked around I've found that bikes weren't made for people my size! I've got an older bike in the garage which is pretty solid so I'm going to get that out and see how it rides soon and if I can manage the short cycle to work (I've walked it twice in the past week) I'll look at paying a bit more for a half decent bike. I'll probably have to wait until I've lost a further 40lbs to be safe with the guarantee of the bike! I didn't realise most manufacturers only guarantee them for riders who weigh less than 15 stone. I've got some way to go before then haha.

5lb off this week to take me past the 3 stone mark.

I also got the old bike out the garage (I didn't realise it's now classed as a vintage retro 90s bike!) and gave it a ride. The last time I tried it was probably 6 years ago I think and I managed just under a mile and couldn't stand up after. I hadn't changed any diet or anything back then. I managed 3.3 miles in 27mins averaging 7.5mph yesterday, got home and cleaned up and made dinner for the family. I was quite surprised as the last experience put me off. I've now applied for a bike to work scheme fund of £800 to invest in a half decent bike so I can start doing a 3.5-5mile ride to work depending on which route I take.

Having people notice the weight loss this week has been very helpful in motivating me to push myself a bit more. I just need to lay off the cookies next week as I had a couple in the evening and felt a bit guilty last week!

8 weeks completed. 3lb off this week to take me to 3 stone 6lbs off. I have checked out my fitness pal app at when I last tried to lose weight by walking and a diet I made up in my head and I thought I did well at the time, it turns out I'm now 2 stone less than I weighed at my best then.

I've had a very lazy week, the temperatures been too much for any activity and the air con at work hasn't been working so the lunch time activity has gone from 1hr to 30mins. Because of this I'm planning on doing a 3-4 mile walk most mornings next week and possibly in the evening as well depending on how I feel after a day at work. I should hopefully have my bike to work certificate through next week to buy my new bike too.

On the negative side, I've had to bin pretty much my entire wardrobe now. I've dropped 8" on the waist and 10" on the chest. I bought a few new tops a few weeks ago and they're already off to the charity shop after a couple of washes, I'm not sure the demand is too high for these sizes to be honest!

Well done on your weight loss so far and getting out on your bike.:)

The weather has cooled down today.:classic_smile: Have had a bit of rain but nothing worth getting excited about. Garden is bone dry so plants have died as I'm on a water meter.:classic_frown:

I know it's negative to have to give your bigger clothes away but I see it as being a positive as well. Means you are going in the right direction.:classic_smile:

Well done on your weight loss so far and getting out on your bike.:)

The weather has cooled down today.:classic_smile: Have had a bit of rain but nothing worth getting excited about. Garden is bone dry so plants have died as I'm on a water meter.:classic_frown:

I know it's negative to have to give your bigger clothes away but I see it as being a positive as well. Means you are going in the right direction.:classic_smile:

Thanks. When I previously shed a bit of weight and moved down a top size I kept my old stuff, it was like a safety net for when I failed. This time I've changed my mentality completely and am ditching the lot except one top and one pair of jeans for the all important picture in the old clothes!

The only things we've watered in the past few weeks have been our veg plants, all the flowers have died and we forgot about the strawberries for a few days so they died off as well :( I think the majority are now on water meters around here, we had a smart meter fitted 3 or 4 years ago and most of my family have had them fitted in the past 12 months.

@Mini please can you move this to the weight loss diaires sub forum please. Apparently I can't private message to request this!

Thanks

Only a few more posts to go before you can PM.:)

It's a rainy and windy day here. So much cooler and going to enjoy it before the temperature rises again during the week.

Do you have any plans for today? A nice walk or cycle ride anywhere?

Only a few more posts to go before you can PM.:)

It's a rainy and windy day here. So much cooler and going to enjoy it before the temperature rises again during the week.

Do you have any plans for today? A nice walk or cycle ride anywhere?

Well, I managed to accumulate a whole 3000 steps and do next to nothing all day. I had a bit of a headache and wasn't feeling too great but also the wife and kids plans fell through which meant I had a day indoors with them which basically meant me laying on the floor with them jumping on me!

I felt a bit guilty for my poor week last week due to the heat and decided to walk into work this morning. 4 miles in an hour and 15mins and absolutely drenched. The one problem with walking to work is that unless I get a bit of luck I also have to walk home! Fortunately the weather looks like it's drying up for later and should be low 20s walking home. I might take a slightly longer walk home through parks etc rather than sticking to main roads.

This mixed berrys and lemon yoghurt is going down really well for breakfast.

1532937616409.png
1532937628486.png

Before 9am and more steps today than any day last week. It's been in my head all night that not doing this won't help me lose weight and my dream was of me returning to my old ways so when I woke up and really didn't want to walk to work because of the weather I pushed myself to do it, the first time I've done that so I feel a bit better for it. I'm leaving the laptop at work tonight and emptying my bag of the junk in the hope I might walk in again tomorrow and not have to carry approx 5 stone on my back!

Omg I loved reading this!!!
I have had similar losses to you since I started (16.5, 5, 3.5, 3.5, 9) and so I know how hard you've worked for those losses!!!

Omg I loved reading this!!!
I have had similar losses to you since I started (16.5, 5, 3.5, 3.5, 9) and so I know how hard you've worked for those losses!!!

Congrats on yours too!

Yeah, it's a bit of a lifestyle change. I'm struggling a bit mentally with it now which is the next challenge. Silly things like buying clothes which I feel should fit to finding out they're too small and wondering if what I've been measuring myself on has been bollocks! It's very hard with the children too, I kind of feel like I need to offload them onto someone so I can find time to fit in a bit of exercise of some sort when in reality I need to sort that exercise out around them and spend more time with them. I've got 2 weeks off work coming up so I guess we'll be out most days to parks, lakes, zoo's etc. No doubt it will rain for those 2 weeks after all the good weather we've had!

Can you get to a local boots (if your in the UK, something similar if not) and get weighed there? They are pro ably more reliable than home scales!

I use weight watchers scales at home and the Wii fit And those can be 1-2lb heavier than slimming world but as long as it's always going down!

Decided to walk in again this morning. Dry when leaving, absolutely hammered it down for 20mins during. I have a change of clothes at work but not socks and shoes which are quite uncomfortable this wet! I also slipped on some mud half way to work and fell which hurt! Got to work to be told invoices haven't been processed this week so I will have to wait a further 3-7 days for my bike to work certificate :(

1533024198324.png
1533024210412.png

6lb off this week. Those 2 x 10 mile walk days paid off!

Lazy start to this week though. Wedding on Saturday which turned out to be the evening only which I didn't realise. They served up a bbq for the evening food :( I avoided it all, how I could have tucked into a sausage sandwich!

I've got the full day wedding coming up on Wednesday which will be interesting regarding food. Hopefully it's a roast like dinner full of veg! the menu at the weekend one was fish and chips, that'll kill me if it's that! I'm still driving though so no drink for me.

I've also bought a bike this week to start my commute to work plans. My new bike costs more than my car! I thought if I spend a bit more it'll be a better quality and it might make me get out on it a lot more knowing I've spent more than I can afford... Now waiting for the delivery then I'll do a few test runs early in the morning and with my 2 weeks annual leave booked hopefully I'll get some time to go for a cycle. I keep reading up on bike thefts on facebook which hasn't left me feeling great about storing the bike. I'm now looking at some metal railings to install in my garage so I can chain it up every night. Either that or spend £600 on a metal storage shed for the garden which I really can't afford unless I win the euromillions on Friday which I accidentally bought tickets for on Saturday thinking it was Friday!

Well done on the 6lbs off.:)

My bike is covered on insurance in case it does get stolen at home or when I leave it chained up. I always make sure I put my chain through front wheel,frame and back wheel. A friend left hers at the train station when she got back to it front and bike wheels had been stolen.

Hi Bert! I'm brand new to this website (joined today!) but saw your post and just wanted to say massive well done on your journey so far, that's an incredible result in a short space of time. I thought I'd try and answer some of the questions you had throughout your posts, that I didn't see anyone answer :p

Flexible syns:
Our consultant explained this in group, Saturday just gone so I feel fairly confident here! Basically... stick to your allowance every single day, even if you go over. For example, Mon - Weds you are 100% on plan but Thurs you go over your syns.. whether it be by 10 or 50. When you wake up the next day, shut the door on the previous day and carry on using your scheduled syns allowance etc. Don't try to reduce your syns to compensate, or you won't be food optimising on those days.

Btw, I was also given a 20 syn allowance (more than the max 15) i'm guessing because of my weight.

Iceland ready meals:
I've tried a few and genuinely enjoyed all of them! The chow mein, vegetable biryani, the curries (although they're slightly watery/thin sauce). Yes eating fresh is best but these meals are just a convenience to keep you from straying, they usually suggest you add veg as there's not always much speed in the meal itself. I've never tried the curry sauce but I hear the gravy is lovely!

If you want to make a nice "chip shop" curry type of sauce, I'd 1000000% recommend one by "Mayflower", you can usually buy this from B&M, poundland etc and it tastes like the real deal - it's not free but it's very low syn. It's a powder that you thicken in a pan with water, or you can buy the paste.

Anyways I'm gonna keep looking out for your posts - keep writing them even if no one replies, your progress will probably spur others on. They definitely inspired me!

:)

Back