Dave - Journey to lose 180lb from June 2018 (Target achieved in 52 weeks)

Still around and back on track! Another year older and a memory popped up on facebook so we recreated the pic slightly.

1669524549239.png

On the running.... Slimming World accepted me onto their 2023 London Marathon team! The small task of raising a lot of money during hard times and training to run 26.2 miles! A little more info on my fundraising page:

I hope everyone is well :)

Still around and back on track! Another year older and a memory popped up on facebook so we recreated the pic slightly.

View attachment 201516

On the running.... Slimming World accepted me onto their 2023 London Marathon team! The small task of raising a lot of money during hard times and training to run 26.2 miles! A little more info on my fundraising page:

Fantastic x

View attachment 201516

That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's it going for everyone?

When I last came on here I posted how I was accepted into the marathon team.

Marathon training went badly! I was injured near the start of the 16 week plan putting me out for 4 weeks then the final 5 weeks before the marathon injured again and told by my physio not to run! I went into the marathon having not pushed myself as much as I'd hoped and with so many worries I would be unable to make the distance as my final run before the marathon was approx 5 miles and I had to stop due to knee pain and I was unable to walk for 3 days!

Anyway, somehow I managed to finish the London Marathon in 4hrs 23mins and had one amazing day!

343313606_6974325512584009_1056410211418626801_n.jpg

Then this week I represented Slimming World at The Houses of Parliament discussing body magic with MPs and other officials.

353755129_10158903866275916_7888076285962316465_n.jpg

More on this story will be published by Slimming World in the next few weeks but it was a very successful day and despite being well out of my comfort zone I thorough enjoyed it. It was really nice to tell my story of being unable to walk 1km when I joined SW to being able to run a marathon now and exercise being a big part of my day to day life now.

Weight wise, the injuries took away my ability to exercise to the same levels I was but I kept up my diet as if I was cycling 200km+ per week! I gained over 1.5 stone in marathon training... Carb loading in particular was a strange experience after what I've been through with the plan.

The weight is going back down again thankfully and I've recovered from my injuries and am back out thoroughly enjoying the running again. I've booked up the Brighton marathon which I'm going to be running with my mum and have a couple of local races booked up over the next 6 weeks. I call them races as that's their official term, I'll be running at a comfortable pace which I can enjoy it though. I also took part in Race For Life last weekend with my mum and kids and lots of Slimming World members. If any of you have one near you I highly recommend it!

Well done on the marathon!👏👏
That’s a fantastic time what with an injury 😀
And what an honour to represent SW 👏
I shall look out for it , in one of the SW magazines?😊
Well done again!

Back