Dave - Journey to lose 180lb from June 2018 (Target achieved in 52 weeks)

Hi Bert(and everyone else)
I'm new to this site and have read with interest your posts.Stunning achievement.I joined SW on November 1 last year and wasn't sure what to expect.
Room full of 50 or 60 women and about 5 blokes including me.Didn't think for a minute I'd be there nearly a year later.
Started at 15st 3.5lb hit target 11st 7lb August1st.Love the meetings and have met a lot of lovely people.
I've no doubt you'll reach your goal..........well done mate.

I'm new to this site and have read with interest your posts.Stunning achievement.I joined SW on November 1 last year and wasn't sure what to expect.
Room full of 50 or 60 women and about 5 blokes including me.Didn't think for a minute I'd be there nearly a year later.
Started at 15st 3.5lb hit target 11st 7lb August1st.Love the meetings and have met a lot of lovely people.
Awesome, Wimero. I look forward to seeing what you earn about staying at target..

Thanks AliGal.
It's a different mindset when you reach target weight.Making the transition from being focused on losing weight to someone who intuitively and
almost without thinking stays within a few pounds of there goal weight for ever.Not quite got it yet.
Consultant reckons that it takes a while to change this mindset.

Thanks AliGal.
It's a different mindset when you reach target weight.Making the transition from being focused on losing weight to someone who intuitively and
almost without thinking stays within a few pounds of there goal weight for ever.Not quite got it yet.
Consultant reckons that it takes a while to change this mindset.
I got complacent last time I shed weight - and never stopped as I put weight on. I can explain it but in reality it's inexplicable that I got so fat again. So I intend to keep a focus on it.
Have a good Sunday Bert and Wimero!

Thank you!

Congratulations on hitting your target, and so quickly!

Whilst I haven't joined a group, places like on here and a few people I have met who do slimming world after they've seen my social media liking of the page shows to me how it shouldn't have been something to worry about joining as such as everyone is supportive of each other and everything seems pretty motivational!

Sorry to hear about yr bike, Bert.
I've mislaid my swimsuit. I'm staying with my mum - so am hoping i'll find it in the boot with various wierd things I'm storing there and my boxes of sachets! I need to get back in the pool to make the most of the lido still being open.

7 hour drive to work today. Straight to the supermarket to buy lunch, dinner and snacks for the day.

Fruit and Yoghurt x 2
2 packs of couscous
2 packs of cooked chicken
2 tubs of salad
alpen light and fiber one
walked baked fusion crisps

I need to have a think about what to get tomorrow now so it's a bit different.

Anyway, the reason for the quoting of the post! I managed to go for 30mins on the exercise bike in the hotel gym followed by 20mins in the pool.

This has confirmed what I thought I might feel before going in, I hate gyms! I'm very competetive, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. 3 mins into my 30min quick start program on the exercise bike Lance Armstrong got on the bike next to me and started sprinting the tour de bloody france in his 30min session. I couldn't just sit there coasting so pumped up the levels and started sprinting on my bike too. End of the 30mins and I'm struggling down the stairs into the changing room in a sweat which I haven't produced when outside cycling!

Get to the pool, nice and empty and then Michael Phelps joins me and I think he started laughing at my effort in my breast stroke so I upped it for the next 15 mins until I was just floating.

Have you managed to get to the lido?

nope....left the town with the lido....it will be closed by the time I get back there....

Breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst on the road!

42904298_459200527817051_1426813437383540736_n.jpg

I was going to go for the chilli pasta @ 4.5syns from tesco but they didn't have any! Couscous with peppers and onion for lunch. Couscous with peppers, onion and chicken for dinner. Fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and dessert. I don't think there will be a great deal of variation this week...

A slightly disappointing weigh in. I think I need to lower my expectations on higher weekly losses as the excess fat is gradually going and it's becoming difficult to shift larger numbers.

So I've had my week in a hotel and lived on couscous, peppers, onions, alpen light and the odd bit of chicken. I managed to hit the gym in the hotel 3 times and the pool in there 3 times as well. I was a bit lazy and decided against the Thursday evening option as I was leaving at 4am for my 7 hour drive home and didn't want to overdo it (I said to myself, not felt any discomfort from any of this amazingly!).

-2lb for the week felt a bit crap. I felt a bit off on Saturday morning weighing myself and slightly disappointed.

Anyway, on to Monday. I've biked to work for the first time in a week. It was bitter. The floor wasn't particularly great so I did hit it reasonably hard but due to the earlier crash I knew not to overdo it on the floor where it could be slightly icy! It was easily the best I have felt riding a bike since starting. I felt like going past work and doing another 5 miles or so just to get some cycling in.

On to work and I've been stopped by 5 people I work with commenting on my weight. Last week was my first time in my other office for over 6 months and had quite a few questions asked on how I had managed to shift the weight up there too.

So basically, despite losing less than I was hoping, the positives this morning have far outweighed those negative thoughts at the weekend. Now to try and maintain the 1-2lb a week loss to target.

Oh and my wife who was joining me when I hit the 20 stone weight. Clearly she does not want to start from conversations over the weekend so I've decided when I do hit that I won't be asking her to join me. When she's ready she can. She'd use the 15 syns up in a morning on cups of tea!

Hi Bert
It's funny the old weight loss thing! I found that sometimes I'd really gone for it all week,SP days etc etc and ended up showing a maintain.Yet other times when just about stuck to plan I had a decent loss.The trick is not to lose sight of the long term goal.:0clapper:

Friday night and my wife finishes work later than usual and I'm at her mums with the kids so no dinner prepared.

She has only ordered fish and chips :(

Obviously not for me, but I can't tell you how bloody good it smells. I've got a plate of a few too many home made spiced wedges with some slimming world syn free awful sausages and a load of veg.

This better pay off with a loss tomorrow!

4lb loss this week so I guess it did help :)

What I forgot to mention where I said I had been complimented by many people at work regarding my weight loss...

I started off this journey in Jacamo 5XL Extra Long polos. The biggest tops you can buy from Jacamo and they were tight to me and I was too big for them. Too big for Jacamo! Anyway, I managed to bin all of those tops and got down to 4XL extra long and from a couple of weeks ago I thought they were ok to wear still. I decided to get a tape measure out and give the chest a measure and order a couple more polos (I like the quality and style) for work this week as I only have the 2 x 4XL. Well it turns out I fit in an XL now (Jacamo XL = shop size 3 or 4xl!). I ordered these, wore them to work and the compliments on the weight loss have been coming out every day regularly from lots of different people. 5 people I work with have since joined slimming world as they can't believe the results! Another couple of relatives have joined too which helps to motivate each other and keep pushing me.

Today I'm off to do something I've not liked doing for the past few years due to back ache, pumpkin picking. I've just seen pumpkin is a speed food so I'm going to have to look into what I can do with them.

Well done on another good loss and going down in the clothes sizes.:)

Let us know what you make with pumpkin. All I can think of is pumpkin pie. I don't know why but I can always think of desserts before mains.:classic_big_grin:

4lb loss this week so I guess it did help :)

Today I'm off to do something I've not liked doing for the past few years due to back ache, pumpkin picking. I've just seen pumpkin is a speed food so I'm going to have to look into what I can do with them.

Well done on the weight loss so far. You have done brilliantly.

This is how I usea pumpkin:

Pumpkin & chicken soup - (put chicken bones to boil with onions - once stock is ready add pumpkin (& any other veg you like). When cooked you can whizz it in a blender add seasoning (salt & pepper or chili powder/flakes) and garnish with chopped parsely or coriander or chives. Also you can freeze this
Oat & pumpkin muffins - 40 gr porridge oats, cup of cooked & mashed pumpkin, 1 egg, 4-5 tbs natural youghrt, tbs marmalade or honey or if you have sweet tooth add more (some people use sweetner but I don't like it), tsp chia seeds (optional). Mix all the ingrediants (except the egg) to a smooth paste. Beat the egg and mix in and ensure it mixed well. Divide into muffin cases (I use silicon ones so I don't use oil to grease you can use frylight). Bake in oven 180 degees for 20-30 minutes. Check with a knife or toothpick - if knife comes out dry then it is cooked. you can leave for a few minutes more to go golden. Serve cold or hot
Pumpkin & chick pea curry - Make regular curry & add pumpkin as extra veg
Pumpkin & chick pea salad - Dice some pumpkin & cook lightly, add chick peas and spices (ground cumin, pinch of turmeric, black pepper or chili), stir well so mixture is covered with spices. Serve it hot or cold with a salad.

Enjoy

Well done on another good loss and going down in the clothes sizes.:)

Let us know what you make with pumpkin. All I can think of is pumpkin pie. I don't know why but I can always think of desserts before mains.:classic_big_grin:

Thank you! I'm not too sure either, pumpkin soup is the one we usually have.

Well done on the weight loss so far. You have done brilliantly.

This is how I usea pumpkin:

Pumpkin & chicken soup - (put chicken bones to boil with onions - once stock is ready add pumpkin (& any other veg you like). When cooked you can whizz it in a blender add seasoning (salt & pepper or chili powder/flakes) and garnish with chopped parsely or coriander or chives. Also you can freeze this
Oat & pumpkin muffins - 40 gr porridge oats, cup of cooked & mashed pumpkin, 1 egg, 4-5 tbs natural youghrt, tbs marmalade or honey or if you have sweet tooth add more (some people use sweetner but I don't like it), tsp chia seeds (optional). Mix all the ingrediants (except the egg) to a smooth paste. Beat the egg and mix in and ensure it mixed well. Divide into muffin cases (I use silicon ones so I don't use oil to grease you can use frylight). Bake in oven 180 degees for 20-30 minutes. Check with a knife or toothpick - if knife comes out dry then it is cooked. you can leave for a few minutes more to go golden. Serve cold or hot
Pumpkin & chick pea curry - Make regular curry & add pumpkin as extra veg
Pumpkin & chick pea salad - Dice some pumpkin & cook lightly, add chick peas and spices (ground cumin, pinch of turmeric, black pepper or chili), stir well so mixture is covered with spices. Serve it hot or cold with a salad.

Enjoy

Thanks! Those muffins sound like a plan, as does the curry.

We took similar pics last year and this, I think the hair is he difference...

Picture2.jpg

Got myself a delivery of iceland food yesterday, £59 of syn free enjoyment + this for the wife and kids:

9050829455390.jpg

Couldn't resist it could I. I had one spoonful of this evil stuff and have put on 2lb! Surely not a coincidence.

Going to have to get out on the bike at lunch and do 20 miles I think.

Back