Dave - Journey to lose 180lb from June 2018 (Target achieved in 52 weeks)

Did you get your scales Bert? I got these on a Black Friday deal and they do 13 different measurements which is bluetoothed to your phone, tick the box to knock off another 20%, i like them as they are very motivating.

Hi Diane,

I was holding off for one of two sets of scales to come on on the black friday deals and today they've appeared on amazon so I should have them tomorrow :)

Not looking forward to what some of the readings say to be honest!

I went out to breakfast with the family on Saturday after my weigh in, ended up watching my mum and cousin do park run. After they were talking about weight loss as both me, my sister and uncle are on slimming world and cousin and his other half watching what they eat to try and drop a little for their wedding. This was the first they'd heard how much I'd lost now after this weeks weigh in. Turns out I've now lost more weight than my mum weighs :eek:

It was also the first time I had seen most of them since I started SW. Nice to get some more morale boosting comments.

Managed to get out on the bike for 13.5 miles yesterday, it was bloody freezing. Today the weather is pretty crap in Kent so I think I'll give it a miss. Trying to get my 10k steps done in the house and will do some upper body stuff with my slam ball and weights. Still not found a fitness step on a good offer on black Friday deals. Hopefully Friday will see the bulk of the good deals anyway.

New scales came today. Not good reading on the % fat muscle etc! Good to see it in the hope to improve it.

Been told by a lot of people I can’t be eating enough and must be starving! Having seen some photos of people’s dinners on here and thinking they look tiny compared to mine I thought I’d take a pic of mine tonight. I have this most nights with the meat differing.

2774A6F5-1C6D-4E6E-8316-03B6C71E0BE6.jpeg

I’m certainly not starving!

My readings aren’t that good either but looking to improve in the same areas, at least you know now and have some figures to work with, it can only improve.
Well I’d say your meal looks really balanced, are they SW bangers?

They are SW ones. I tend to have them or SW burgers most nights! I have moments where I really go off meat and end up eating processed stuff and I'm in that phase at the moment. I had chicken in mexican powder last night because we had to eat the chicken but I've been a bit funny with it the past couple of weeks.

I do pile the veg up though. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, courgette, leak and cabbage pretty much every night and then add peas and sweetcorn occasionally. The wedges are just boiled for 5 mins then a bit of frylight and a load of pepper on them and baked for 30mins.

Bert, your portion look normal to me. A lot of people think if they eat little they lose more/faster.. I understand that the more we eats - to point of satisfaction of speed/free food, the more wee lose because we are encouraging our body to work harder and lose calories more efficiently. If we starve our body (eat little) then the body think t it is in a famine and when we eat more, it starts to panic and store the food.

Still not found a fitness step on a good offer on black Friday deals. Hopefully Friday will see the bulk of the good deals anyway.

The one I wanted which was well out of my price range and I didn't expect to be on the black friday sale as I don't think it has been in the past came on this morning.

I now have one of these being delivered on Sunday :)
81Ta8kNBcrL._SL1500_.jpg

The wife isn't happy! "Where you going to store that!".

Busy day (and week!) so only just got on with the updates other than the target thread.

2.5lbs off this week which I'm very happy with considering... Mon was my birthday and Weds the wifes. Every year is the same for our birthdays, takeaway and booze for me. For my birthday I refused to continue tradition and I had a home made chili con carne with wedges minus my usual veg medley which kind of kills the taste of the chili. It was bloody lovely! I went all out and had 2 meringue's for dessert (5 syns combined). :confused: My wife wasn't too keen on ending the tradition but opted for chinese so I had a chicken in black bean sauce (7.5 syns) and some chicken satay on skewers which I dread to think of the syn value. I worked from home most of the week as we all had bits of illness so my exercise was very limited. Based on this I was expecting 1lb off max and most likely a maintain. Thankfully it ended up with a 2.5lbs off.

My wife did have a pizza for dinner on Thursday and I had to make it, cut it and serve it. I've decided that New Years Eve we're having a takeaway pizza. I haven't had a pizza since 1st June! It was my last large calorie meal before starting slimming world and I can't tell you how much I crave one.

Another bonus today. Getting the Christmas Tree out of the loft I noticed my bag of old football shirts. I thought I'd get them down to see what sizes I had. My wardrobe consists of 5 t-shirts/polos which fit me. It now has approx 15 with the football tops I had stored away never worn with labels in where my wife or parents bought them for me over the past 10 years and I was too embarrassed to tell them they didn't fit. I'm not a big fan of wearing football tops out but they are the perfect material for wearing on the bike as they're quick drying so I will get a lot of use out of these clothes :)

I've also found Linda McCartney sausages this week. Vegetarian ones 0.5syns each and onion and rosemary ones free. Both are very nice and the vegetarian one were half price @ £1 a pack in Sainsburys so I have a freezer full of them! Cheaper and nicer than the slimming world sausages.

Belated Birthday wishes:bestwishes:
Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss:0clapper:Your journey is inspirational !

What a difference a year makes! You look amazing:winner:

Enjoy your new smaller fitting clothes:classic_big_grin:

In amongst those clothes was my suit from when I was in sixth form. Amazingly it fits perfectly! I was in shock when I tried that on as I didn't realise I had hit a clothes size I was last at 10+ years ago.

I've now binned half my remaining wardrobe this morning of clothes which are too big. I best not have a blow out over Christmas!

3.5lbs off this week.

I went through the remainder of my wardrobe and binned a load more stuff now. I'm down to the bare minimum clothes. I did however go up town today and bought some nice jeans from next, the first pair of trousers I've bought in a high street store for well over 10 years :) My wife now has a shopping list for the next boxing day sale!

Cold, very cold! But riding on the bike is ok in this weather minus the bloody cold feet. I never thought I'd find myself wearing leggings :rotflmao:

6.8miles x 2 on Monday
16.46miles on Tuesday
Had to wait in for a parcel yesterday and it came late so never got out on the bike.
19.19miles today.

I've got to take my daughter to a nativity play tomorrow then nursery, hoping I can get out and do another 20 miles in the middle of the day before picking her up again.

Finished for work for the year now so hoping to get into the 17s before xmas.

Most of my new cricket gear for Feb onwards has arrived and a lot is very small! Fortunately the match wear stuff is pretty reasonably sized so I should have no issue getting into it soon, some of the training wear is making me look like Daffyd off little britain!

Christmas Market on Sunday as well. I'm praying a local pie maker will be there so I can get a nice local made pie for my Christmas Dinner as my treat off the slimming world syns. I'm not planning on having much else over the xmas period, no yule log, crisps, sweets, alcohol etc. Most people I speak to think I'm mad, have a blow out for a day or two and "enjoy it". I've got to be honest, whilst I do crave some of these things, I am enjoying not eating them more I think as strange as it sounds. The resistance is something I've always lacked and it seems to be coming easily to me now.

3.5lbs off this week.

I went through the remainder of my wardrobe and binned a load more stuff now. I'm down to the bare minimum clothes. I did however go up town today and bought some nice jeans from next, the first pair of trousers I've bought in a high street store for well over 10 years :) My wife now has a shopping list for the next boxing day sale!
Well done on your continued weight loss, fitting into new jeans and getting fitter by the day with all that exercise:0clapper::winner::thankyouthankyou:

Bert, I'm new to this site and I stumbled across your thread. I've read your diary from start to end. It's a wonderful story!

I am so impressed with your activity levels. It's really inspiring to hear of how you started and to read of such massive progress.

I am just starting out on a new exercise regime (walking with a 10k target) and I too am office based and find it difficult to get out and move. In fact my weight is hurting my knees and I have little flexibility.

I'm hoping that in a few months I too will be experiencing improvement like you did.

Congratulations on your achievements and your commitment.

Jayne

Bert, I'm new to this site and I stumbled across your thread. I've read your diary from start to end. It's a wonderful story!

I am so impressed with your activity levels. It's really inspiring to hear of how you started and to read of such massive progress.

I am just starting out on a new exercise regime (walking with a 10k target) and I too am office based and find it difficult to get out and move. In fact my weight is hurting my knees and I have little flexibility.

I'm hoping that in a few months I too will be experiencing improvement like you did.

Congratulations on your achievements and your commitment.

Jayne

Thank you :)

I think the most difficult thing I've found with all of this is the fact I work in an office! We now have a dedicated team at work called the "Wellbeing Team" who have just arranged their first lunchtime walk. I believe they aim on doing a few of them for half an hour so I assume 1.5-2.5km. I was also told by my HR Team that in my personal goals for the year I should include my weight loss/health which surprised me (but also contributes to an annual pay rise, how can I turn that down!). I'm very fortunate we have a table tennis table at work and I have friends who want to play every lunch, 30mins of that and 1hr-1hr20mins per day cycling is really helping with my weight loss.

How are you planning on hitting your 10k? One lady at my work spends her lunch doing laps of our office. The speed she goes I think she must easily hit 4km in her half an hour.

I think in the new year I will potentially start doing the park run which is over the road from me. I've never run in my life other than at school so it'll be something new, I aim to do the couch to 5k regime which so many people have told me is very good and a very comfortable way of getting into it. I've also signed up for 5 a side football in March (hoping to shed a couple more stone before then!) and have indoor cricket training from mid-Feb.

Back