Dave - Journey to lose 180lb from June 2018 (Target achieved in 52 weeks)

I'm starting to feel like it's excuse after excuse!

Last night I met an old friend from work who retired a couple of years ago who I hadn't seen for 13 months for a curry! There were 7 of us and I made it clear I was going for the healthier option at 10 syns. I ordered last and after they had all ordered a naan on the side I couldn't resist could I! So yeah, weight gain again.

Roll on today and the third night of next to no sleep due to a screaming 17 month your old evil kid. I've decided to work from home due to a lack of energy but feeling like it's cheating so building up the motivation to get out on the bike for a lunch ride. Cricket tonight as well. Just hoping the legs are sorted, they feel better after the 28 miles on the bike over the last couple of days. If it all comes out well tonight then it'll be football on Friday evening too.

I could cheat on the bike ride and attach a kite to my back and fly for a bit, these winds are ridiculous!

Felt good!

1552481928105.png

So, after my failure last week I managed to lose 4.5lbs this week after cycling 71 miles, doing the week 2 run 1 of couch to 5k, 2 hours of cricket practice, an hour of light football due to my quads still hurting too much to kick a ball properly and a couple of hours of table tennis. Friday evening I felt a bit drained to be honest!

Woke up Saturday morning and despite telling myself on Friday evening I wouldn't do Park Run as it was too early and my quads weren't good and I can't jog 5k and will comfortably be last place, I decided against those plans and made my way over and joined my mum and cousin (I didn't tell them and managed to avoid them until the finish as I had a neck gaiter on covering my face at the start line!) and managed to complete it in 31mins 50secs! Happy would be an understatement.

1552809145955.png

Half a pound off the 11 stone mark and 1.5lbs off getting into the 15st bracket, a couple of targets for this week.

Good morning bert,
I’m new to all this and came across your thread. Well done! You are such an inspiration! I will definitely be following your progress and can only hope to achieve hat you have x

I also still have this mental problem where I feel like I'm the same weight/size as I used to be before I lost weight. My wife took a photo of me this morning when we were out with the kids and it's helped realise there is a big difference but I still feel like I'm the same size, it's bloody weird.

The picture's not great from this morning as I was just ruining a pic she was taking of the kids and I was ahead of them!

Picture12.png

Bert, you at look you, you look a completely different person. You have done mazaningly well. I totally understand the mental image. I cannot see myself any smaller than before. The other day, I went to a doctor who has not seen me in 10 months - He told me that if he nearly did not recoganise me (only from my notes he knew who I was). I told him that I look the same and he said that I look very slim (I still cannot see it but have to believe other people). I must say from time to time, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mrror and think who is that and then realise it is me.

Very well done. You have lost almost as much as I weigh (well I am stone heavier than your loss).

Have a fab rest of the day and be proud of your achievement.

3.5lbs off this week.

11 stone award is in.

In the 15st bracket on the scales (I can't remember the last time I saw that, it must be my early teens!)

BMI has now gone from 50.7 to 29.7 in under 10 months :) I am now in the overweight category and probably going to struggle coming out of it knowing 13st 5lb is the top end of that scale which will be very difficult to achieve! I'll probably have a stone of excess skin if I ever get there!

Great start to the weekend though :)

I've been a bit quiet here...

I managed a further loss last week. I then did park run in under 30mins, something I didn't think I would get close to for a long time. Then came mother's day :(

So it started off with me making the wife a fry up, but I couldn't resist it myself and tucked in. I also bought her some fudge from the kids which she said was horrible so when she went out I gave it a go, 5 bits later and I realised I needed to stop. 4lb up the next morning on the scales :eek:

So yeah, stay off the fry ups and fudge!

I've been a bit quiet here...

I managed a further loss last week. I then did park run in under 30mins, something I didn't think I would get close to for a long time. Then came mother's day :(

So it started off with me making the wife a fry up, but I couldn't resist it myself and tucked in. I also bought her some fudge from the kids which she said was horrible so when she went out I gave it a go, 5 bits later and I realised I needed to stop. 4lb up the next morning on the scales :eek:

So yeah, stay off the fry ups and fudge!
Well done on the park run.
Nothing wrong going off track for a day - that is life we need to live with it and beat ourselves about it. You have done so well controlling your eating and one day will not undo your success.
Anyway, 4 lbs up the next day is artificial. But knowing you by now you have put in a plan of action and by your WI you have lost that and more.
Have a fab week.

Another parkrun done this week and another PB but more importantly for me, I didn't stop :)

On another note, I was looking at my progress spreadsheet and how close I am to my year on slimming world. If I were to lose 2lbs a week for the remaining time I would be 3.5lbs off my original target of losing 180lbs! Unfortunately I have another week away with work in this time which is where I really struggle but hopefully this time, with the gym at the hotel, I can push a bit harder that week.

I've taken the plunge and got myself a man cave in my garage now.

A tacx neo 2 cycle trainer with a road bike on it. A 49 inch 4K TV with Apple TV connected to it with Zwift to be setup on it. Today we are clearing out the garage to make space for my new house!

Regarding the loose skin which I was a bit worried about. My little bit of research I've done suggests that a lot of what I thought was loose skin was in fact fat! I need to continue the weight loss and the skin will tighten a bit more. I don't intend on having any surgery or anything to sort it, it doesn't bother me that much. I'll just have to invest in some smaller sized compression tops to keep it less noticeable when wearing my new clothes!

7 weeks of hard work ahead to hopefully hit my 180lb target within 12 months (originally planned on hitting this on 7th March 2020!) :)

Bert! I spent my morning cooking and was getting abit fed up to be honest with how much time it was taking to get meals made/prepped and run around after my family (hubby, a 3yr old and a 4yr old) but then i came across your diary as i was eating my brekkie and im so glad i did! You've done amazingly well, you look like a different person!!!! Well done, youre inspiration and i feel more encouraged.

I hope you're going to write into the slimming world magazine at some point to share your incredible transformation!

Xx

I've been a bit quiet... Laptop died and I've been without it for a week or so. With it being half term as well we've been out and about a lot.

I now have this setup in the garage:

1556005398911.png

It wasn't much fun doing those miles on Saturday in that heat in the garage!

I also hit another goal this week...

1556005565257.png

And finally, we went out and took some photos and it turns out one is a pretty decent comparison picture to an old pic...

1556005705392.png

I'm now 6 weeks off being on slimming world for 1 year and 15lb off my original target set. Based on that I had a total of no chocolate over the easter weekend and instead did a 5k park run and 50+ miles on the bike. It would be nice to hit that target within the 12 months.

-5lb this week :eek:

I've absolutely smashed the exercise bike now it's connected up so I ended up doing 190+ miles in various workout modes. I have honestly never sweat soo much exercising so I must be doing something right!

Well...

+5lbs this week :(

It all went wrong from Day 1 to be honest. Went to the football on Saturday and didn't get home until late and came home to no dinner and a takeaway of burger and chips. Not ideal at all.

Back on it on the Sunday but then I went away for work on Monday. I had planned on using the hotel gym but on the way up the car exploded and my journey ended up taking 12 hours. By the time I got to the hotel I just couldn't be arsed!

The next day I did use the gym and I remembered how much I hated it last time now. The exercise bike just isn't bike like. The saddle is ultra wide, the pedals are nothing like a bike and there is no air in the gym. I did 10 miles in 45mins. At home I do 20 miles in an hour when I push like I did there. That was the end of my gym that week.

Food wise in the hotel, I didn't do well on plan as I had a few of those go natural bars throughout the week which are 10 syns a go. Even when I had the syn free helpings of tesco stuff I overate.

So anyway, all the hard work from last week taken off. I feel bloated, exhausted and disappointed. Back on track today though.

-4lb this week.

Park run done this morning, 10 miles on the bike and a game of cricket in which has helped total 28k steps.

Unfortunately a cricket lunch was had which had a load of foods I shouldn't have eaten and I've ended up with heartburn again tonight :(

Back