Best Alcohol

Pheonix2010

Silver Member
Am I right in thinking my best option might be vodka ?

I have a meal out next weekend , kind of regretting organising it now as Im doing quite well at the moment but cant really get out of it as i suggested it some weeks ago

anyway going to Bella Italia and going for the chicken salad , thought Id ask for sparkling water and put my water flavouring in and a shot of vodka , Ill maybe only have 2 as im quite a light weight and get drunk really quickly , as i hardly ever drink

I know I've had vodka before while doing Atkins and was ok, it didn't bring me out of ketosis. However I have read on this forum somewhere that it can be quite harmful to have any alcohol while on TFR/VLCD.

I'll see why I can find and let you know.

Oh, what good idea about putting flavouring in the water when out, I had not thought of that. Just check about the alcohol and the possible dangers, there is a very good thread on exante about it.

Hiya

Through experience I would say knock the booze on the head - pretend !!
I know its not fab to have when doing a VLCD. I have had whiskey before and physically felt ok so I think once in a while ok BUT THE BIG BUT is when you have had a drink you loose your inhabitions and think oh well a bit of this is ok and a bit of that is ok then the whole diet goes to pot for the day. I know when I have had a drink I always fancy something to nibble thats not good.
I've decided for me this time no booze - which for me is very hard as I love my wine and whiskey but I think thats so not helped my weight in the first place - have wine , then peanuts oh then some toasts and it all goes south !!!
Spirits are the lowest carb things to have if you are going to have something esp vodka .
HTH's xxxxxxxxxxx

Good point bluechick, it's not just the calories in the alcohol that makes you put on weight, but the calories in the stuff it makes you want to eat!

dont risk it. Someone on Exante asked last weekend and despite being advised not to went ahead and drank either 2 or 3 vodkas on Saturday evening along with a small drop of food and was ill all day Sunday into Monday. She said shes never felt so ill with drink in her life. She said shes used to having a drink on a night out, if you are by your own admission a 'lightweight' it sounds like it could be an even worse idea.

Please dont risk it, its just not worth it

ooo ok will probably just stick to my flavoured water anyway , really dont want to be ill , its my first child free weekend for months , my friends wont be drinking as they are driving so its no big deal , plus if i dont drink i can drive and save £16 taxi fare

Yeah, probably not a good idea Phoenix if you're not used to alcohol. Personally I would allow myself 2 V&Ts when in ketosis (have done that once only in 6 months and it was fine) but nothing more than that. If I really do plan to drink more than that I'll be bringing myself out of ketosis to do so.

Saving £16 on a taxi sounds good enough justification not to do it to me :)

I had a company event on Thursday and didn't initially plan to drink but as I has to perform,my nerves went on me and I had some whiskey before hand!

Which afterwards led to a glad of vodka and u don't wanna know what else,I can only say I have NEVER felt sooooo sick in my whole life!

It was so so not worth it!!! I am only starting to feel better today and I am back on track,but I know for sure,I will so NOT go there again!

Thankyou everyone , Ok Im definitely convinced now

I dont get out much , so thought it might be nice to have a drink or two , but now Im sure its a bad idea

im a single parent and my little boy hardly sees his dad so I rarely get a break but my parents are having him for a long weekend , I do not want to spend my sunday feeling like sh*t lol so will enjoy my lovely friends company , trying to avoid the carbs as much as possible and def no alcohol

whats the best starter out of this lot , if i decide to have one Bella Italia - Northampton - Main Menu

I personally wouldn't bother with a starter. You'll be too full to have a main..............or is that the idea?? ;)

xx

Hmm, lots of bread! I'd probably go for the king prawns minus the ciabatta if I was being really good :).

I love Bella Italia in Northampton - small world hey!

youre very welcome to join us kirst , its just a few mums getting together , im booking the table tonight

do you live in Northampton ?

Aww bless you P, I used to live in Northampton when I was at uni and visit my friends there regularly when back
In the UK, I always suggest Bella Italia! I live in Kuwait. When I'm planning on a visit I'll let you know and perhaps we can meet up there ? Xx

wow yes Kuwait would be quite a trek lol ,
well I go there because i can get Tesco vouchers to pay for the meal , cant beat a free lunch

Absolutely! And thanks for the invite x

ekk again I would not have a starter , a big glass of water.
Then chicken salad for mains. Depends how good you want to be really. If I were going for a starter it would be the mozzarella salad as per 100g lots of protein and only 2.2g of carbs but fairly heavy 22g of fat ! so maybe that and take half out lol fun , fun , fun !! but it will all be worth it. Would have said the prawns too until I saw cooked in butter e ekkkkk

Back