• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Best Breakfast - Points Wise???

Hiya

Im quite new to this, and am sure someone with more experience will come along soon but personally i find porridge with skimmed milk to be a good one at 3 pts or my fav 1 egg, 3 ww bacon (both fryed using frylight) and a tablespoon of beans, all for 4 points.

We have the same to lose, so can follow each others progress

Donna x

Porridge is always the one I go for if I need to stay full for a long time - gotta love those complex carbohydrates. I really like cornflakes but I think you need something hot and stodgy to stay full in this weather.

I think Oat So Simple is just 3.5 points.

I have an orange, (always feel full after an orange!) 0 points, then my very favourite thing at the moment : I pot Fromage frais 0% with a soup spoon of maple syrup. 1.5 points. YUM!

I go with the porridge vote every time.

I make an oatso simple plain sachet up with water and a dash of skimmed milk. Then add splenda, 0% greek yogurt (spoonful to make it really creamy) and a measured out portion of cashew nuts, mixed fruit and sunflower seeds (5g cashews, 5g seeds, 15g mixed fruit). All of that is 3.5pts and its ace.

I make up little bags of the nuts mix about once a month and just keep them in the cupboard ready to use.

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
I did the low gl giet before starting ww and it teaches you all about food which make you feel fuller for longer i.e not giving you a sugar rush and then crash leaving you feeling hungry (cornflakes have a high gl which is why your starving by 10am).
Breakfast (all low gl) i would have on that would be
porridge (with cinammon) - 1.5 points
muesli - 2.5 points
all bran (not branflakes) 1.5 points
grapefruit - 1 points for whole
eggs - 1.5 points
bacon - 1.5 points
fruit (not bananas) - varies usually around 0.5 points
yoghurt - 1.5 or 2.5 points depending if plain or fruit
wholegrain bread (not wholemeal) 1.5 to 2.5 depending on brand

Hope that helps. x

I have the following usually :

1 orange, 1 apple then half hour later I have two toasted nimble no butter with mushrooms done in nought spray stuff and tinned toms. I dont get hungry for hours and I LOVE my food so it should work. This is all only 2 points and I really heap the mushrooms and toms

thanks everyone, looks like its porridge, i have the Quickoats 1 1/2 mins in microwave 4 points with milk

Hiya

Im quite new to this, and am sure someone with more experience will come along soon but personally i find porridge with skimmed milk to be a good one at 3 pts or my fav 1 egg, 3 ww bacon (both fryed using frylight) and a tablespoon of beans, all for 4 points.

We have the same to lose, so can follow each others progress

Donna x
hey hun yea we nearly have the same to lose so we will help ea other, i was at w watchers a load of times, all times lost bit weight but i find it hard to get to the weigh ins cause of course im doing and work

Porridge gets my vote, too. Plain, with fresh fruit, or some dried fruit... it's always a winner. Recently I've also been trying wholegrain toast with peanut butter and a glass of skimmed milk. Seems to work well for me :)

ww now do bagels at 2pts each had one the other day with scrambled egg and that was really nice. i try to have something different every day to stop myself getting bored

Hi if you like porridge there is a cold version with fruit+yogurt mixed in called Swiss Bircher.(make it and leave overnight)
This recipe makes 2 servings.

90g oats
1 Banana
113g Low fat natural yog
113ml skimmed milk
1 Apple-peeled,cored+chopped.
Any other soft fruit ie raspberries.

1.Mix oats,yog+milk in a lg bowl.
2.Mash banana,slice/chop other fruit.
3.Mix up all the above,Cover and leave overnight.
xx

I go with the porridge vote every time.

I make an oatso simple plain sachet up with water and a dash of skimmed milk. Then add splenda, 0% greek yogurt (spoonful to make it really creamy) and a measured out portion of cashew nuts, mixed fruit and sunflower seeds (5g cashews, 5g seeds, 15g mixed fruit). All of that is 3.5pts and its ace.

I make up little bags of the nuts mix about once a month and just keep them in the cupboard ready to use.
Rosie this sounds very nice; I may have to give it a try x