Best Butter/Cheese

Dunno if it is the best, but I get Low Low cheddar cheese and Bertolli light margerine.

I no longer eat butter. I was "allowed" to eat bread before butter on my VLCD refeed programme (as in butter wasn't introduced back within the programme at all) and I realised as long as the bread isn't dry or stale then butter really isn't needed. I find sainsburys organic bakery bread that you get sliced at the counter is amazing.

My husband now also doesn't eat butter but if he fancies something he has a thin spread of Philly light or something.

In terms of cheese I only eat it occasionally so usually go for whatever is on offer and don't mind if it's full fat as I don't eat it much anymore. I do love cheese though.

I find that some low fat products have the fat reduced but they flavour it with extra artificial sugar and artificial sugar causes me to gain if I eat too much of it even if I'm within calories.

After eating better for over a year now I have adapted to not eating so much of the unhealthy savoury stuff. If only I could say the same for sweets! Since I've had the b12 deficiency I'm always craving sweets and fruit and sugar free jelly does not do the job (sugar cravings are a side effect of the b12 deficiency)

Back