BEST INDIAN DISH

I always go for chicken jalfrezi (8.5 Syns per 350g) with boiled rice (free) and salad (superfree), yum!! :)

Be careful with the Syn values for takeaways. On the website their Syns are listed by weight - your takeaway could be double the size and therefore double the Syns, so I'd always reccommend weighing it to be on the safe side. Here are some low Syn examples:

- Chicken Dhansak, 350g serving: 6.5 Syns
- Chicken Vindaloo, 360g serving: 8 Syns
- Lamb Rogan Josh, 360g serving: 6.5 Syns
- Vegetable Jalfrezi, 375g serving: 7.5 Syns
- Chickpea Dhal, 350g serving: 5 Syns
- Pilau Rice, 180g serving: 2.5 Syns

Ahh great info thats really helpful if I eat out its usually there so big help thanks xx

I always go for chicken jalfrezi (8.5 Syns per 350g) with boiled rice (free) and salad (superfree), yum!! :)

Be careful with the Syn values for takeaways. On the website their Syns are listed by weight - your takeaway could be double the size and therefore double the Syns, so I'd always reccommend weighing it to be on the safe side. Here are some low Syn examples:

- Chicken Dhansak, 350g serving: 6.5 Syns
- Chicken Vindaloo, 360g serving: 8 Syns
- Lamb Rogan Josh, 360g serving: 6.5 Syns
- Vegetable Jalfrezi, 375g serving: 7.5 Syns
- Chickpea Dhal, 350g serving: 5 Syns
- Pilau Rice, 180g serving: 2.5 Syns

Been looking for something like this for yonks..... Ummmm what's for tea tomorrow after Rugby...:)

I WONDER ????? x

You can make your own.

I heat some chopped onions, crushed garlic and ginger in a little fry light, until somewhat soft and brownish. Put in a spoon of garam masala, half spoon turmeric, half spoon salt, spoon of chilli powder (i like my food to be spicy). Put the lid on and cook for about 5 mins on a medium heat.

Then I add a full can of chopped tomatoes and put the lid on again and let it simmer for about 5-10 mins on low-medium heat (be sure to stir every now and again).

Then add chicken chunks or lamb, mix and allow to simmer with the lid on for a further 20-25 mins. Add 1-2 tablespoons of natural fromage frais and stir half way through the cooking. I also add a little lemon juice to give it a lil kick.

Alternatively, Iceland do a chicken Jalfrezi at 3.5 syns, I think it's too much for 1 person so I split it with my hubby which makes the syns even less. This is a 375g tub.

Back