best keep fitwork out dvd?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Nessa, 17 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I want to buy a good keep fit/work out dvd, which is the best one to buy? I need to get one as i would like to do it when the kids have gone to bed. I sometimes go on the dance mat for 1/2 an hour but don't feel this is enough, any suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. want2wearbikinis

want2wearbikinis Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    I really like 'The Ultimate Workout-Pump It Up, Burn it, Lose It' by Ministry of Sound (2006) I haven't tried the one they realsed last christmas (Dancemix) but I really want to get it as that looks good too.
    I've also heard that Davina's workout vids are really good.

xx

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

depends what you are looking for. I highly recommend Davina's if you can put up with her - it does work.

If you want something really full on then I recommend Nell McAndrew's - it really is tough going though.

5. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just got Vicky Binns (Molly from Corrie) Dance it Off, I love it! Good fun, good routines and keeps me interested. I am looking forward to doing it again tonight! :)

6. samsmummy

samsmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i got Sonia's from Eastenders it was good also

7. colawater

colawater Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    yoga

if your goin to be doin it when kids are in bed why not try yoga its so relaxin and will get you all toned up.:whacky068:

8. welshwobbler

welshwobbler Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Davinas one is excellent. The workouts are all broken down so if you only have twenty mins spare, you can just focus on your abs or legs etc. There is a really good boxing workout that is quite addictive.........

9. cushty3

cushty3 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Nell McAndrews is great, fast paced and not so easy to keep up with, may fall behind at times, but one of the best cardio as well as tae bo, if you want a slower pace may i suggest my old time fave of callentics, i have a video i used after i had my son 12yrs ago, and i still like to add it to my workout plans (music is quiet slow and very boring) but i love it.
    Good luck with your search,
    Chareen x

10. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    I bought a load after christmas and recommend 3 in particular: Natalie Cassidy (sonia from eastenders): Then&Now, Vicky Binns (from Corrie): Dance if Off, and Ministry of Sound. Funny that all 3 of these have already been recommended by others! If you like dancing you will love these 3! xx

11. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    I can really recommend Winsor Pilates. It helps you tone up so much that you look a dress size smaller!

There were a few DVDs in the pack so you don't get bored and can target abs or thighs depending. It's 20mins a session and there is an hour long one too. But can be tough. Thanks to this though I went down from size 12 to 10 after I'd reached maintenance and without losing anymore.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.