Best low fat marg/butter to use

saraian24

Gold Member
That is low in syns and doesnt taste like crap either! Am off to asda tonight so suggestions please, ive used clover today which is lovely but is a tad high in syns.

I like my mash and baked spuds etc and cant bear the taste of naturla yoghurt so leaves it out of my shep pie, mash etc.

Help help help!

"better than butter" frylite is nice on jacket spuds..
works great for roast taties too..

i think they only sell the butter frylite in tesco's though.. ( or so the frylite people said when I asked where to get it.. )

I know it's not even vaguely what you asked but I make mash with a vegetable stock cube instead of milk and butter and it's a pretty tasty alternative!

For mash and jacket potatoes try using a few laughing cow cheese triangles (6 = 1HExA) with some Knorr Aromat seasoning and maybe some chives. You won't miss the butter much at all.

I've also heard of these things called Butter Buds which are sachets of sprinkle "butter" at 1/2 a syn each, some peeps have said they're lovely but I don't know where to buy them.

Flora extra light, I believe is the lowest calorie/fat spread but doesn't taste too nice. It's ok but no butter substitute.

I use clover lighter!
I never thought it possible to have anything other than butter but it's good! Col gonna try that fry light tho I have so many jackets and "waste" syns on butter for them!

If you add total 0% Greek yogurt it tastes lovely. I bought some butter buds & found them really chemically, they taste a bit like butter in the US to me - yuk IMO, but if it depends on your personal taste!

I like Utterly Butterly - counts as a low fat spread so is only 1 syn per teaspoon - and one of those is plenty enough to spread on a slice of toast or use on a jacket.

Back