Best relaxing massage?

I love aromatherapy full body massages, but I've been scared to go for one since starting SW in case it affects my weight losses! I've heard massages can make your body retain water and I want to avoid a gain on the scales!

Nothing beats the relaxing feeling you get having someone massaging the aches away! x

Full body massages are just fab, as are hot stone back massages (and hot stone full body massages for that reason!). I was lucky enough to get a full body massage just after Xmas for free from a dear friend of mine, and even 3 months on I can still tell the difference in my back and posture. Need to catch up with him again before long though and get another one done :) Shame he's nearly 2 hours away though :(

Not sure about retaining water after massages but you do need to drink tons of water for the next 24-48 hours, to help flush out rubbish from your system. Massage stimulates your circulation while getting rid of salt, water and other minerals from your muscles. By upping your water intake after a massage it helps your body get rid of these things, otherwise you may get muscular aches and pains, as your muscles can become dehydrated.

Also, most full body massages include lymphatic massage, which stimulates your lymphatic circulatory system. Basically your lymphatic circulatory system is your body's equivalent of sewer pipes! It collects all the waste products your body doesn't need and carried it away to dispose. Increased water intake basically just removes all the additionally released waste from your body quickly.

I have booked in for reflexology. Can't wait but will have to wait until Tuesday eve!
I had a hot stone massage once but the woman kept dropping the stones and they kept banging so it wasn't very relaxing :rolleyes: I had an indian head massage and the power went off and the girl went off to see what was going on as she was worried because the cd had gone offand it wouldn't be relaxing for me :eek:
Hopefully the reflexology willbe more successful ;)

Back