Best time to exercise?

equi

Hi, what do you reckon is the best time to exercise? I normally feel like exercising in the evening after or during the cooking of dinner. But what is better? Before food, after food, morning, evening etc..

It's better when it suits you. If you want to do it in the evening then do it then. Why make yourself exercise when you don't really want to do it?

I'm happy to do it at anytime, when it's an option. But i just wondered what is the best time metabolically.

Always at least 20 mins after a light meal. 60 mins after a larger meal, never on an empty stomach.
Eating protein after a workout helps muscle repair and extends the calorie burning time.

So ideally a banana and yoghurt 20 minutes before and something protein based after, maybe a chicken sandwich or beans on toast.

For me I have excercise*classes at 6pm, It suits me fine (so i dont miss much of my soaps!).
As for food, if i eat a couple of hours before it turns out bad, so unless its an orange i dont eat after 4.

I like having a munch on some fruit and going for a brisk walk early in the morning. When I get home I have some breakfast and go about my day. Then I do some more exercise before dinner.

My friend and i aim to work out at around 6/7 so i would usually have something light about 3 or 4 and then my main meal at 7 or 8 (late i know but it stops my midnight cravings!) so hopefully that will work out well.

Back