Best tinned tomatoes?

That's good to know, but as with some things I just can't tell the difference between any of them!!!!

I always buy the sainsburys basic tin tomatoes. Really cheap and they aren't too bad. Wish I could say the same for baked beans, the cheaper versions of those are really rank. :p

It doesn't surprise me, i use aldi ones all the time and they're really tasty. Cheaper can better sometimes.

I just buy the ones from tesco and I think they have herbs in or something. But I don't think there is much of a difference

We get a multipack from Costco and the main difference I notice is that the cheaper supermarket own brand have much more juice in them, the Costco ones are so thick and tomatoey in comparison

Thanks for posting the information. I just remember hearing that tomatoes grown in Italy are the best. Next time I'm near a Lidl, I'll stock up!

We get a multipack from Costco and the main difference I notice is that the cheaper supermarket own brand have much more juice in them, the Costco ones are so thick and tomatoey in comparison

I do the same thing, I wasn't expecting them to be so thick. Found I had to add water to my chilli and bolognese because it was too thick. I used to use the supermarket value ones and they definitely contain a lot more water than the Costco ones. Though for £3.89 for 12 cans, I wouldn't care if I had to scrape them out the can ;)

Ooooh, I have a lidl and a costco near me! I might have to start tomato wars....
T x

Back