Best ways to boost weight loss ?

katsmad64

Hi, First of all just want to start by saying that I'm quite happy with my weight loss so far . At my age I know my own body & know that I've never been one of the ( lucky ones ) & lose more than 2lbs in one week. Just wondering if there is something that I'm missing as would like to try & give my weight loss a boost . Would be so happy if just for a couple of weeks I could lose a bit more maybe 2lbs per week . I'm no saint but do feel I stick to the plan have changed my eating habbits completely been more active drinking more water cut out take a ways all general rubbish plus no booze either ! Thanks x :)

Hi

I'm only in my 4th week of slimming world and have only lost 2lbs (I am 19 weeks pregnant though lol) but i was wondering the same thing. I'm also a slow loser and I always stick to plan so know where you are coming from. I had a wee look around minimins the other day and read about the Scan Bran challenge. Basically you eat 5 scan bran each day for 5 to 7 days and it's really meant to boost your weight loss. Think it's quite hard to stick to though coz it's a LOT of scan bran to eat. Anyways i'm doing this from tomorrow as that'll be my weigh in day and can stock up on scan bran. I'll count them as a healthy extra B choice. Doing this challenge certainly won't do any harm and i reckon it's worth a go.

Some people swear by doing red weeks, less carbs and more veg might help to increase your losses a little, you sound like you're doing really well though, 1-2lb a week is excellent.

I find 1-2lb a week is really good for me. I don't have huge losses either, I've never lost half a stone in a week like some people do, even at this size. It took me 18 months to lose just over 6st the first time I lost weight, but I was happy with that as I was still living a 'normal' life while losing weight, which I prefer. :)

Good luck. x

ive had a few weeks that ive lost 1.5 and ive been gutted about it so i decied that for the week ahead im having at least 3 litres of water , doing 3x gym classes per week i tend to cut out carbs the day before weigh in - so for my dinner it would be like a chicken salad or a nice big pot of soup.
drink 3 cups of green and peppermint tea throughout the day
only have 1 yoghurt a day
stick to about 5-7 syns, although weekend i do use abotu 10.

when i do this i loose around 3lb.
Hopefully this helps:)

1/3 of your plate superfree.
Look for s and ss for speed and superspeed foods.
Keep your snacks free and superfree.
Lean ham, chicken, fat free yogurts, carrot and cucumber and celery sticks, cherry or plum tomatoes, handy in the fridge to grab.
Fruit, melon, strawberries, pineapple, chopped apple and pear slices.
Check your A and B choices are on the list. Weigh and measure.
Count your syns really carefully, and check before. xx

Lots of superfree. The weeks i have lots of fruit and veg i always have really good losses x

Back