Big appetite

Anna17

Hello,

I would be so grateful if someone advise me as to how they avoid overeating at weekends it's my downfall seemed to be always hungry!

Thanks.

Hi Anna, if you stick to plan 100% you should not feel hungry. When I started with SW I actually bought bigger plates to accomodate my SW pasta dishes (no joke). I also have a big appetite (its huge actually, not just big :rolleyes:). I don't seem to have the trigger that tells me when I am "satisfied" or full, no matter how slowly I eat. It was only a few weeks ago that I introduced some kind of portion control as my weight loss slowed right down. But then, I am only a few pounds away from my target so had to make some changes. On that note, it took me a while to get to my current weight as you can see from my stats. I really took the scenic route. :cool: But that is fine with me. I think I could have lost weight quicker if I introduced portion control right at the beginning of my journey. But I did not want to lose quick, just making sure I choose a pace that fits me and my way of life (and my appetite).

But we are all different and our journeys will all be different. If the weekend is your downfall (too many syns? Drinks? ;) or boredom?), could you prepare lovely pasta salad to keep in the fridge? When you feel pekish you could snack on that? Or eggs, or chicken meat, home made Scotch eggs..... There are lots of good suggestions on this forum. Check other members food diaries for inspiration. Also, remember to fill your plate with all that lovely speedfood when having your main meals. Don't be shy, eat yourself slim, it does work as long as you stick to the SW principals. Oh, and don't forget to drink plenty of water, that really helped me when my losses slowed down.

Wishing you all the best on your journey :). Looking forward to reading your food diary

Hi Anna, if you stick to plan 100% you should not feel hungry. When I started with SW I actually bought bigger plates to accomodate my SW pasta dishes (no joke). I also have a big appetite (its huge actually, not just big :rolleyes:). I don't seem to have the trigger that tells me when I am "satisfied" or full, no matter how slowly I eat. It was only a few weeks ago that I introduced some kind of portion control as my weight loss slowed right down. But then, I am only a few pounds away from my target so had to make some changes. On that note, it took me a while to get to my current weight as you can see from my stats. I really took the scenic route. :cool: But that is fine with me. I think I could have lost weight quicker if I introduced portion control right at the beginning of my journey. But I did not want to lose quick, just making sure I choose a pace that fits me and my way of life (and my appetite).

But we are all different and our journeys will all be different. If the weekend is your downfall (too many syns? Drinks? ;) or boredom?), could you prepare lovely pasta salad to keep in the fridge? When you feel pekish you could snack on that? Or eggs, or chicken meat, home made Scotch eggs..... There are lots of good suggestions on this forum. Check other members food diaries for inspiration. Also, remember to fill your plate with all that lovely speedfood when having your main meals. Don't be shy, eat yourself slim, it does work as long as you stick to the SW principals. Oh, and don't forget to drink plenty of water, that really helped me when my losses slowed down.

Wishing you all the best on your journey :). Looking forward to reading your food diary

Hi BM,thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my message glad there is someone else like me with the big appetite ha ha I have just gone over my sins again this evening had a nice meal spahetti bolognaise and then some sweet treats from my syns had a nap then and and woke up was hungry again ! and unfortunately went for the wrong food not free food! I just don't seem to be disciplined I used to be ! It's a recurring thing with me even though I try to keep on track. Would love to get tips on how to say no and keep on track! Sorry for going on!

Back