Big failure..

Basically thats how I feel. I lost a stone on sw this year and was doing well but 6 weeks ago I got glandular fever and everything went out the window. All I have ate is rubbish and needless to say the stone is back on and 3 inches on my stomach. I wanted to lose 3 and a half stone but now I feel like a failure and wonder whats the point in even trying again. Keep saying i'll start again but don't :(

Glandular fever is a serious illness. You cannot judge what has happened as if it were under normal circumstances. Being ill is not your fault.

You need to do three things:

1. Get well
2. Start again
3. Never use the word failure!

Good luck

Glandular fever is a serious illness. You cannot judge what has happened as if it were under normal circumstances. Being ill is not your fault.

You need to do three things:

1. Get well
2. Start again
3. Never use the word failure!

Good luck

What lovely comments, I was going to rep you, but I need to spread the love!!!

Needless to say I agree completely with what AnnaFaraday has said.

If you hadn't lost the stone to start with, things might be much worse now.
Sometimes we can only deal with one thing at a time - you dealt with getting through a nasty illness; now you can focus on other aspects of your health again.
You know the plan works, and perhaps the weight will come off faster than you think - some people find recent weight gain comes off more easily than weight that's sat around a while.
It's only a failure if you give up. Good luck!

I can only repeat what people have already said. You know the plan works, get yourself well again and then think about starting. You are definitely NOT a failure, the fact that you are here, sharing your wish to start again means you are a lot more invested in it than you're giving yourself credit for. weight loss is a journey, you just took scenic detour, we all do at times. Hope you're feeling better.x.x.

You are not a failure! You were doing well and got ill; it's not surprising you stopped losing.

Are you completely recovered? If not, consider waiting until you are before you start thinking about weight loss again.

If you are well again, are you sure this is the best time of year to start again? In my experience, you have to be in the right frame of mind to start and stick with it. Ask yourself if you can start before Christmas or whether you'd be better waiting a few days longer.

Whether you choose to start now or a little later, sit down with your books and plan some menus, check your cupboards and sort out your shopping. Don't forget to give yourself some 'treats'! A new issue of the magazine is due out soon - get a copy as that will inspire you to start again.

Remember - you can do this, because you have before. You will get a lot of support from people on here, particularly if you start a diary.

Good luck.

PS If you have been eating 'rubbish, some of your weight gain will most likely be water and you'll lose that pretty quickly which will be encouraging!

Hi Purple, I too worked hard and lost a stone before summer but got sick with my gallbladder and it all went back on, I was so fed up and depressed but I pushed myself and started again, I know it's the most awful feeling to be back at square one but you can do it xx

Thanks for the replies. Im not fully recovered yet and wont be for awhile due to other health problems. Also got a bladder infection too. I was planning on waiting til after xmas due to all the temptations. I just feel so big and useless. I had thrown all my bigger clothes out too so I had to buy new stuff :(

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for getting back to us.

I suggest you wait a little longer before you try to lose weight - certainly until the bladder infection is cured - and in the meantime just concentrate on eating as healthily as you can following SW principles as this will help you recover. Use this time to sort out some recipes you'd like to try and prepare a shopping list for when you feel ready to start and study your books and perhaps the diaries on here for inspiration.

Remember that you have not failed - you achieved whilst you were on plan and illness prevented you from carrying on. You will get back into the right frame of mind when your body is ready for it.

Do keep in touch as there is a fantastic amound of support on here from people who understand what it is like to battle with weight.

Get well soon and enjoy the Chrsitmas period.

Back