Big Fat Friday

gorda

:eek: Oh God. I've totally gone off the diet rails today. Like majorly. And topped it all off with wine. I've had such a good week too.

Arghh!!!

On one hand I'm so, so annoyed at myself, but on the other I'm thinking 'I've done it now, might as well carry on and eat everything in the cupboards'. Does anyone else get that way? Like, I've blown it now, so eating more wont matter?

Hi! I am not alone after all. I had a full day binge today! It was my weigh in also and I put on 1/2 lb nothing really, expected as I didn't have the best of weeks and it was like I decided from then on (morning) that I would have a free day. I have to tell you now, BAD idea. I must have had 300 (or so) pro points! Anyway, I felt like having a hole in my stomach, never full. Only when I ordered some takeout for dinner made me full. And I didn't even enjoy it as much as i hoped! Back on the wagon tomorrow. I will definitely get a decent loss this week. It happens to me sometimes... To need a break, not enjoy it and then back on the wagon for a good few weeks! But whenever the feeling of "I messed it all up occurs" it's far better to stop where you are than keep on eating...
My plan is to deduct half of my weeklies now for the rest of the week and walk my *** off! Summer is around the corner now!
Good luck and step back on the wagon (with me)! It is a war not a battle!

If I 'slip up' I frequently think oh I might as well binge. It's not a good habit to get into :( plus, you can limit the damage by stopping and not carrying on eating!

What is most important is that you get back on track after a binge or something like it. I know the feeling after a binge and I tend to een useless and also think "ah, might as well eat all the food in the house now", but you'll just feel worse if you do that. :p
Good luck getting back in the zone! You can do it!!

x Lostris

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone. I just feel really, really pants, and thats putting it mildly. I've never had any weight loss success and feeling do annoyed that I messed up so royally. It's is something of a pattern with me and I obviously can't break it.

Sorry for the rant!!

I know exactly how you feel. Maybe write it down so the next time you're tempted to binge you'll remember how you felt, and that 15mins of overeating isn't worth hours of guilt?

That's a good idea actually. Thing is I give up far too easily ... in fact I just have that mentality at the moment that I just can't seem to shake. Am starting again for the millionth time tomorrow, would be happy to lose half a blimmin stone!!

Before a binge write down WHY you want to binge and then why you want to lose the weight. That way you might be able to find the trigger.
For me it's hunger, if I get too hungry I go into a really bad mood, get stressed a lot easier and easily annoyed at people (or rather, customers). I just want to stuff my face as it makes me feel calm and happy.
Unfortunately unless I actually feel proper hunger pains I don't realise that's the reason I'm so moody 'till after I've eaten and my work is so crap for lots of reasons I always want to binge :( I have to make sure I don't bring money to my work (I work in a supermarket) so that what I bring to eat is all I can have.

Before a binge write down WHY you want to binge and then why you want to lose the weight. That way you might be able to find the trigger.
For me it's hunger, if I get too hungry I go into a really bad mood, get stressed a lot easier and easily annoyed at people (or rather, customers). I just want to stuff my face as it makes me feel calm and happy.
Unfortunately unless I actually feel proper hunger pains I don't realise that's the reason I'm so moody 'till after I've eaten and my work is so crap for lots of reasons I always want to binge :( I have to make sure I don't bring money to my work (I work in a supermarket) so that what I bring to eat is all I can have.

That sounds like a great idea, I think writing it down like that could be the answer for me - ill give it a go!

I know one of my triggers for going off diet is boredom - just eating for something to do, sounds pretty lame when I read it back!

What are other triggers or reasons for overeating do you guys have?

Back