1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Big huff - gotta stop going backwards :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BubblyLady4, 24 March 2014 Social URL.

1. BubblyLady4

BubblyLady4 Full Member

Morning all - just wanted to come on here and write my thoughts and feelings hope that's OK :cry:

I have now been a SW member almost 1 year and have lost just over 2 stone.....which is a fab achievement - slow and steady.

But recently i seem to be going backwards every week and i am scared of 'losing' control of my weight loss and putting all the weight back on.....that makes me sad and want to eat more (there is just no logic!!).

I start each week with great intentions and each day go off track and then try again the next day...etc etc.

I put on 3.5 pounds last week, have WI tonight and will have another gain.....so down :(

Really going to try and get my grip back as i so dont want to go backwards. I need to do a for and against i think and get all the reasons in my mind of why i want this......

Wish me luck xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Gold Member

Ah we all have moments like that. It's really good you are recognising it, going to group and planning a for and against list. I did one and it really helped me focus. Keep going you can do it!

4. jennjenn84

jennjenn84 Full Member

Have you done a sas log? Our consultant was talking about them last week, and said doing one for a few days can really help and get you back on track.

You're doing so well, hope your for and against list will help.

5. coughdrops

coughdrops Silver Member

I've my own theory that 2 stone is a mental block for me. I've hovered around it for last couple of months, never actually getting the award, but gaining/losing small amounts, or STS, each week. I reckon that because I look a bit slimmer now (not much, I am still lardy!), and my clothes fit me compared to when I was squeezed into them, I lost a bit of momentum.

I had to make a decision- do stop now and maintain this loss, or do I suck it up and keep going. I still don't like how I look in photos, and I've still 2 or more stones to go to feel healthier, so I sucked it up and started from scratch. It takes a while to get your brain engaged though, I've found it hard recently.

My tips would be:
    Read the latest mag, or success stories on SW site- they're great inspiration
    Do a detailed food plan/diary. Write it ALL down. That's the only way I am accountable
    If you're a member of a group, stay for Image Therapy. Use the time to get your head focussed
    Spend an evening going back over your books. You might know the plan in and out, but a refresher is quite motivating
    Mix it up- if you always do EE, try Red or Green. I am doing Red this week, and once I've planned for it, I find it quite convenient to do

The above advice is for my own benefit too! I'll be spending time doing the above this week. I am really hoping that I get my 2 stone this week, and that stone 3 won't be as long coming!

Good luck!

6. Mrsbod

Mrsbod Full Member

I always found I got stuck after the first stone. Plus i was getting comments about how I didn't need to lose more weight (even though was still obese, just seem to carry it well!).

What are your favourite meals on SW? Could you plan a week of eating all your favourite things, or SW versions of them anyway? I find that can help me get back on track, as well as being really organised and leaving my purse at home, only taking the money I know I need!