Big Mac VS Salads!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
BBC NEWS | Health | Salads 'rival Big Macs for fat'

Am sure some of yous have seen it already or heard it on the news - pretty shocking right!

Moral of the story, make your own salads.
1. Healthier
2. You know exactly whats in them and
3. Cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moral of the story, make your own salads.
1. Healthier
2. You know exactly whats in them and
3. Cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have my salad lunchbox at the ready! LOL!
It is shocking, but not really surprising? The part that pi**ed me off is the misleading labelling part?

I hate labels that give the nut. info for part of a pack, or only per 100g- then you have to stand & work out what it contains? So it's home-made for me from now on! (well, from next Friday? :p)

can't say i'm surprised. as you say, the only way to know what you're eating is to make salads yourself - and sandwiches, which can be horrendously calorific if shop-bought. Much easier on the waistline and the pocket.

Some of those shop salads are very greasy and/or stodgy (the pasta ones especially).

I love a couscous or bulghar wheat salad :)

Yup - its all in the huge amount of dressing thats used that really doesnt need to be used!!:)

And they usually add loads of cheese or pasta- thinking it's 'healthy'??

Exactly! lol Next time im on the go ill grab a big mac :rotflmao: (only joking!!)

It's homemade salads all the way for me anyway! Just finished a pilchard (in brine) salad with balsamic for lunch...yum! Confession......went to Burger King on Tuesday and had a...................wee!!!!! As IF I would sully this fab new bod wiv a burger!!!!!!!!

LOL supa , that cheered me up for a while :D

It's homemade salads all the way for me anyway! Just finished a pilchard (in brine) salad with balsamic for lunch...yum! Confession......went to Burger King on Tuesday and had a...................wee!!!!! As IF I would sully this fab new bod wiv a burger!!!!!!!!

:giggle: you do make me chuckle supa!

Back