• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Big Mac VS Salads!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Moral of the story, make your own salads.
1. Healthier
2. You know exactly whats in them and
3. Cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have my salad lunchbox at the ready! LOL!
It is shocking, but not really surprising? The part that pi**ed me off is the misleading labelling part?

I hate labels that give the nut. info for part of a pack, or only per 100g- then you have to stand & work out what it contains? So it's home-made for me from now on! (well, from next Friday? :p)

can't say i'm surprised. as you say, the only way to know what you're eating is to make salads yourself - and sandwiches, which can be horrendously calorific if shop-bought. Much easier on the waistline and the pocket.

Some of those shop salads are very greasy and/or stodgy (the pasta ones especially).

I love a couscous or bulghar wheat salad :)

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Yup - its all in the huge amount of dressing thats used that really doesnt need to be used!!:)

IrishMum

A little of everything!
And they usually add loads of cheese or pasta- thinking it's 'healthy'??

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Exactly! lol Next time im on the go ill grab a big mac :rotflmao: (only joking!!)

It's homemade salads all the way for me anyway! Just finished a pilchard (in brine) salad with balsamic for lunch...yum! Confession......went to Burger King on Tuesday and had a...................wee!!!!! As IF I would sully this fab new bod wiv a burger!!!!!!!!

LOL supa , that cheered me up for a while :D

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
It's homemade salads all the way for me anyway! Just finished a pilchard (in brine) salad with balsamic for lunch...yum! Confession......went to Burger King on Tuesday and had a...................wee!!!!! As IF I would sully this fab new bod wiv a burger!!!!!!!!
:giggle: you do make me chuckle supa!