1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Big sandwich - ham salad mayo - help!

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by BubblyLady4, 14 February 2014 Social URL.

1. BubblyLady4

BubblyLady4 Well-Known Member

Hi all, so i succumbed this lunchtime. I was in the cafe getting my other half a sausage baguette and the sandwiches just looked amazing so i got one :(

So i had a 'healthy' option of ham and salad - so that was free but then -

Little squeeze of mayo (what you recon?)
    Doorstep white bread 2 slices
    Thin spread of butter

Thanks to help. Just so i have an idea of what i'm looking at.

:) xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

Hi looking online a thick slice of white bread is 7 syns so 14 for bread,
    Mayonnaise sachet of Heinz is 4 syns
    And butter (the only one I could see is m&s butter me up spread) is 4 syns per tbsp
    So I would count 22 syns

4. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think this could have been very Synful.

Mayo is 5 Syns per level tablespoon, so it depends how much they used. A level tablespoon is not much at all.

On average, white bread is 7 Syns per slice. As you described yours as doorstep, I'm guessing they were really thick. So it could have been double the Syns!

A level tsp of margarine / spread is 2 Syns. Baring in mind this is a very small amount and would probably just a say cover a slice of bread. It depends how much they used.

5. BubblyLady4

BubblyLady4 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys - yes i knew it would be over on syns but just kinda wondered what i was facing and i will adjust syns for the rest of the week :)

6. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no free food allowance on shop bought sandwiches so even the ham and salad would be synned sorry :(