Big target, small goals!

Hi guys! Ive just started yesterday and ive a nice bit to lose... 10st+.
Ive a holiday booked for mid sept so im hoping to have a decent amount of cheddar gone from my thighs and bum :/ lol
Small goals will be key i think. Every half stone will be amazing. Looking forward to it now.
Hopefully meet a few pals along the way :)
Day2 for me. Any other newbies or anyone with 10+ to lose??
Thanks. Xx

Hi cheddar (not sure I've ever called any one that before :)!)
Welcome to the most brilliant, supportive weight loss forum in the entire universe!
This place has been a life saver for me, sooooOOoooooo many lovely people on here, I would not have come this far without it.
If you keep 100% until your holiday, you will lose a significant amount for sure.
How are you finding it so far?

Thanks for replying dunder x
Im doing fine so far but ive been busy... Its when boredom strikes i go off the rails and into the fridge with a vengeance! :eek:

How r u getting on? I cant see stats on my phone. Have u any advice for week 1 survival?
Thanks again and good luck this week!! X

Hiya Cheddar! hope your getting on ok! just stay out of the kitchen haha sometimes i wish they weren't invented! :p ive got 4st 7lb to go,so far ive lost 1st 10lb but mostly with atkins which will be my maintenance plan for a while then ill go to slimming world kind of forever really haha...you should lose alot of weight by september,thats a good bit away so drink up and slim down hun,keep coming on here its brilliant,just knowing there are others doing this too and thinking the same way is the best motivator for me :) xxx

Hi Cheddar,
In 16 weeks I've lost 71lbs so total food replacement totally works!
Best advice I can give is keep drinking water, regularly throughout the day, keep busy, make a list of why you are doing this, how your life will change and be different at the end of the journey!
Keep checking in here helps too, take a look at the inspirational pics, mind blowing!

Hi Cheddar,
In 16 weeks I've lost 71lbs so total food replacement totally works!
Best advice I can give is keep drinking water, regularly throughout the day, keep busy, make a list of why you are doing this, how your life will change and be different at the end of the journey!
Keep checking in here helps too, take a look at the inspirational pics, mind blowing!

ive just logged on now... dunder u look amaaaaazing in ur profile pic. what a difference. 5st+ gone. ur doing really well pet. ur start weight is my first major target!!! omg. it will be massive difference to me though. Im on day 3 now and so far ive no complaints. been so busy. its way handier when ur occupied. when ur home bored out of ur tree (which is the normal case for me) then its tough to stay controlled I find. day at a time anyway. sept hols in mind ;)
thanks for the reply. i'll be following ur journey with much interest!! xx

Hiya Cheddar! hope your getting on ok! just stay out of the kitchen haha sometimes i wish they weren't invented! :p ive got 4st 7lb to go,so far ive lost 1st 10lb but mostly with atkins which will be my maintenance plan for a while then ill go to slimming world kind of forever really haha...you should lose alot of weight by september,thats a good bit away so drink up and slim down hun,keep coming on here its brilliant,just knowing there are others doing this too and thinking the same way is the best motivator for me :) xxx

thanks so much trivenam :) and ur so right. it is really helpful and inspiring on here. u don't have to feel alone even if u actually are alone at home. if u know what I mean. there are plenty on here in the same boat as us right now. doing it. struggling. resisting and losing!!!!!
best of luck for this week, ur doing great so far! x

Hey Cheddar!

Best wishes for week 1, it's usually a fab loss :) :)

Hi Cheddar, welcome aboard I'm starting tomorrow so looking forward to it, did this 3yrs ago & lost 5st, put 2st back on but ready to shift it and more. My advice to you if you get bored go for a walk might just be a short one around the block with a bottle of water day 4 is key, ketosis will hopefully kick in and youll feel on top of the world take it one day at a time xx

First few days are definitely the hardest, but after seeing weight loss for first week, it will leave you soo thrilled. Hang in there!

Hi Cheddar Chunks :) how are you getting on? It's tough to begin with but really really worth it, i've done every diet before this but none match the results lipotrim gives, its fast and keeps you determined to do another week. I couldn't handle only loosing 1, 2 or on a really good week 3lbs, it felt like i would never start to slim down. You seem to have the right mindset, small goals keep us all going. My advice is to try all the shakes, then try them again in a few weeks as your taste changes. find what ones you like/tolerate the most, its easier when you're not dreading your shakes. Also, i get weighed on a monday and find wednesday and thursday to be my hardest days as the high from monday is gone and the next monday seems so far away so i always check in on the wed and thurs weigh ins to keep me focused. Fill up on water, it really really helps, and when you feel like you'll drown if you drink anymore water, try the sparkling, i love it now. Come on here during your craving, its a great distraction. Good luck :)

Thanks for all the replies guys, some really great advice in there too! its my first week and im due to weigh on monday, but i cant actually get to my pharmacy til thursday!!! So its a 10 day first week for me. Bleurgh!!! I checked in with them 2days ago though and i was down a good bit already.

Im doing my best to stay upbeat and distracted because ifvi sit down to think ive 15 stone to lose in total i'll probably grab a massive sandwich ... Makes no sense but thats the mind games u play with yourself isnt it.

So my first 'big' goal is 5 stone. Id like to think i could shift that by mid sept/my holiday. Fingers crossed. It would make a hell of a difference to slot my bum into a seat rather than pretend i prefer to stand on my aching feet!!

Anyway, so far ive been fine bar a couple of shaky moments around the kids leftovers and looking in the fridge to take inventory of all the things i could make!!! :/ jeez. Close fridge door asap.

Well today is day 6 of 10. Im feeling pretty pleased with myself although thats mostly when i wake up in the mornings and realise i.did it another day haha.

How is everyone doing? What do u find the easiest and hardest times? How do u keep that willpower up?
For me the easiest times are when im on the go as theres no time to relish a food thought. Hardest times are when im stressed, however slight...thats something to work on obviously. Ive recently split from my partner (hence the busy week moving house) so the thing keeping my willpower at a good level is the fact that i need to start over as a single mum, get back to the workplace and solely provide for myself and the kids. For once in my life i want to look and feel good about myself and that starts right here with the massive weight shield.

Sorry for the huge essay but a bit of background might inspire someone out there. As have all ur journeys been a huge help to me.

Have a strong week everyone! U can do it x x thanks for reading/replying.

Cheddar

Gosh you've a lot on your plate! you're great for dealing with your weight in the middle of a break-up and moving house, a massive well done for not using it as an excuse to comfort eat or get takeaways in the evenings, short term it'd be handier than lipotrim but this time next month you won't know yourself wit your weightloss. You'll have a great loss on thursday, just make sure you have all your shakes.

you're right about the mind games, My brain plays awful tricks on me and used to have a mind of its own but i'm trying to control it now! You really get to know yourself and understand your relationship with food while you're on lipotrim. There's a great thread about "Fred" you should read, i'll have a look for it and put up the link, it really makes a lot of sense :)

Hey Cheddar

Great to hear some news from you!

I think 5st is a fantastic 1st goal and as you lose weight your new 'addiction' will be losing more weight each week - it's so much fun and in my own way, miss the rush you get :) You should be very proud of yourself at getting to day 6. One day at a time. I wrote for Goldengirl earlier that your weight loss is like climbing a mountain. Don't look up at the top of the mountain as it will overwhelm you. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward and it all adds up to reaching the top. You'll be well in that plane seat in September I'm sure!

I had to face becoming a single mum 5 years ago, and tbh, it was the best thing ever. I hadn't realised how miserable I'd been for a good portion of 14 years and now have a whole new life, doing stuff that really matters and making a difference. My 2 boys have thrived with a much better environment and are doing so well I'm so proud of them. These things are sent to try us and we prove over and over that us ladies are more than capable of accepting the challenge and doing a fantastic job.

LT is amazing and if you're having a stressful moment, have some water and remember why you're doing this. I too am an emotional eater, and have found the break from food has done me a huge favour. I've had to deal with many small and some large stressful situations during my time on LT and I'm glad to say I coped, without having to resort to food, which is a great learning experience. When food is taken out of the equation, you don't have a crutch to rely on and you just have to deal with the situation and move on. It has given me a lot of confidence and I now i know that eating to ease the stress only comes back to haunt you by making you more stressed and making you feel bad about yourself. When times are hard, come on here if you can, so many lovely people who understand what you're going thru. I also watched a lot of food programmes on telly, and regularly sniffed my kids food which somehow fooled my brain and kept the cravings at bay. Find out what works for you :)

I appear to have responded with an essay ;)

Kay x x x

brief update ... -22lbs in my first weigh in.

thanks so so so much for these replies ladies. meant a lot. forgive the late response i just have so much upheaval at the moment. will be pn the computer tonight finally. x

WOW Cheddar!!!!

That's fantastic! Well done you :) :)

Amazing!

Cheddar that's superb, massive well done on your first week :)

Back