Big thighs/legs

heyhannah

Hello, can anyone suggest the best exercise to slim down thighs/legs? i've been swimming for about 6 months now hoping that it would help but i haven't really noticed much of a difference, it is doing more good for my arms than my legs to be honest.

I have a stationary exercise bike at home which I use sometimes but don't feel like it's very intense to justify being a 'work out'. Any advice? xxx

hey,

Have you been measuring them? If you look on youtube there are work out suggestions for legs and thighs. I plan to try some of them :)

No i haven't been measuring them, it's the one thing i regret not doing at the beginning :(
I'll take a look around youtube now, thank you!

I have the same problem - rather large thighs. Nightmare for finding nice jeans to fit I can tell you. Anyways, I have been swimming for the last year or so which has left me with a very toned chest/shoulder area but not really done much elsewhere. If anyone has ideas for at home exercises to try and shrink my thighs that would be great :D

Running, Insanity, yoga (Barbara Currie is good for newbies), Jillian Michaels NMTZ and 'Killer buns and thighs'.....I tend to find a dvd more motivating than individual exercises but anything incorporating squats, lunges, HIIT, and stretching etc will help (along with healthy eating of course!)

Running, Insanity, yoga (Barbara Currie is good for newbies), Jillian Michaels NMTZ and 'Killer buns and thighs'.....I tend to find a dvd more motivating than individual exercises but anything incorporating squats, lunges, HIIT, and stretching etc will help (along with healthy eating of course!)

I'm another fan of Jillian michaels! I have both the dvds mentioned above and they're fab.

The best thing for your thighs is lots of squats and lunges combined with strength for your whole body and cardio. Davina's dvds are also brilliant - super body workout is my favourite.

Oh i absolutely love Davinas work out dvds!!! Definitely have to dig that back up from under the bed :p

Lol! I'm the same, have sooooo many exercise dvds lurking in so many corners of the house, it's ridiculous!

That does look mental! Have you started it yet? I don't think id be able to walk much for the 30 days with the pain it would cause lol. Might be worth it if it works though!

I'm a classic pear so all my excess weight is between my hips and my knees! Sadly I also have a dodgy cartilage in my right knee so can't do squats or lunges so I'm a bit restricted really. I'm glad someone said jogging as took up running back in May so I'll stick with that and hope for the best!! I do a zumba class too once a week but even then I have to stop some of the moves because of my knee.... tiresome! :sigh:

since ive started running my thighs have got bigger, I do long distance though so maybe that's why.

Running will increase muscle size in your legs as really that's the only muscles that are taking strain! One of the best cardios to lose weight though!

Back