biggest loser

sarah88

Gold Member
who loves it?, im watching uk and usa, so much respect for the contestants showing all their fat and lbs on telly. good for motivation too!

I love the Biggest Loser - I find it fascinating especially as I'm about the same weight as most of the girls on there (if not heavier) its a big motivator as well - hence the 9.30am Sunday morning Zumba class I have just done :)

They always lose so much weight in the first week! I don't think I could ever lose 9lbs in a week!

I think they are brave walking out in crop tops!

It is very inspiring! And it makes me cry sometimes!

I always feel bad for girls tho, they normally go first if they had a low weigh in! But probably their time I month! Can't be helped!

I'd love to go to that show or fat camp or something! But I read somewhere you needed a bmi over 30 to be considered!

Do you not find on this programme that other than do lots of exercise, they don't really give the weight loss methods away? It's like their diet is a secret.

leanerandlighter said:
Do you not find on this programme that other than do lots of exercise, they don't really give the weight loss methods away? It's like their diet is a secret.

They have a website you can join....and pay... And follow their diet plan!

So I guess they don't give it away a they want you to pay

They had a really bad reputation in the US for working them out constantly and only giving them 500kcals a day. Then on WI days thy wouldn't let them have water so that it showed a more dramatic weight loss. It not that hard to lose big number if you have them in the first place to lose. I d the Cambridge Diet Last year and lost 14lbs in week 1 and then cold easily lose 4/5lb a week (a 2lb loss would disappointing) but then I have over 150lbs to lose

Stokegal x

Yea it's the 1st series I've watched! I noticed that all they've really said is they work out a few days a week + have to eat during the day a bit. But they do keep everything really quiet!

They exercise 4x a day with a trainer - And they have no distractions - of course their results are gonna be much better than us at home!

They have a website you can join....and pay... And follow their diet plan!

So I guess they don't give it away a they want you to pay

The BL shakes/bar plan though isnt what they follow on the show.

Very often the US/AUS do actually show and explain their meals etc

Some weeks they only lose 4lbs and they start crying! 4lb is great! Nothing to cry about

If I was in the gym 7 hours a day 7 days a week with Jillian shouting in my face I think Id cry at a 4lbs loss too ;)

I like the show, but it does annoy me that they don't really give you any insight as to their diet.
I find it really motivational to watch this and "Obese: A year to save my life". Normally I want to sit on the sofa and snack while watching the tv, but these shows really curb that habit, thankfully!

I am addicted to the show! They are all so brave to take on the journey with so many people watching them! The only thing that angers me about the show is when the wrong person gets voted out for tactical reasons, it was so unfair last week!

I agree, last week was a joke. The only thing is, I think Laura is ready to keep it up on her own at this point. Whereas the other 2 probably wouldn't. So for that reason, ultimately it's probably better that she went. The other two will hopefully pull their socks up now and work a bit harder.

I'm a little bit addicted to the Biggest Loser - ours and USA, probably USA's more so - I just love Bob and Jillian!! And "Obese: A Year To Save My Life" - apart from the fact that its very motivating, Jessie Pavelka is very easy on the eye! :eek:))))

Back