Biggest loser

Donzy84

Back to basics
Anyone else think its just setting up average ppl for disappointment? I watched for the first time tonight and they were losing between 6-11 lbs each in weight loss for one week. No wonder ppl get disheartened when they only lose 2lb. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I believe its just a money making scam...Feel sorry for the ppl on this programme, they so desp want to loss huge amounts of weight. Once this show finishes, do the trainers then come every morning and kick them out of bed!?... I think not. And in the real world when its peeing down wiv rain, no amount of motivations gonna get them down that gym!.

Anyone else think its just setting up average ppl for disappointment? I watched for the first time tonight and they were losing between 6-11 lbs each in weight loss for one week. No wonder ppl get disheartened when they only lose 2lb. X

I dont think it does. I think its quite apparant in the show that theyre exercising for hours and hours and hours every single day. Their diet is strict too.

I believe its just a money making scam...Feel sorry for the ppl on this programme, they so desp want to loss huge amounts of weight. Once this show finishes, do the trainers then come every morning and kick them out of bed!?... I think not. And in the real world when its peeing down wiv rain, no amount of motivations gonna get them down that gym!.

Not sure I follow your logic about it being a money making scam. Have you seen how much weight people lose in the US/AUS shows, theyre absolutely incredible. They leave the show a shadow of their starting selves. They have a very high maintenance success and a lot of the contestants have actually gone on to be things like personal trainers

Most of them are totally motivated to exercise... the UK one however - thats a totally different ballgame :rolleyes:

I look at it logically- they exercise 4 times a day- with a personal trainer breathing down their neck. They have a specifically tailored diet that they follow and that's how they (for the most part) pull out the big numbers.

Although I would love to lose 6lb a week, it's not really possible now, being at the stage that i'm at. I can't afford to go the gym and there is only so much I can do at home (with the attention span of a fish on smarties) but as long as I lose 2lb a week, I'm becoming quite content.

I love TBL- I havent seen the us/aus shows, this year is a touch disappointing though.... that Gerard.... *shakes fist*

If I worked out for 4+ hrs a day and was on shakes I too would be cross with only 2lb losses! Lol. I get what you mean though, when they cry over 2lb losses I think "eh? I'd be over the moon with a 2lb loss!!. I'd love to have the time to exercise that much!!

Think ive been a bit harsh on this one, and obviously dont watch the show enough to really comment. From what ive seen of the show just made me think diffently to how i would choose a diet plan. If ive offended anyone, im really sorry...

Yea only watched one so didn't see how much they exercised, i was just thinking about how my brother has just started exercising (first time ever) and he is 17stone and wondered whether if he were to watch a programme like this then get a 2lb loss would be like whats the point... the guy on tele lost 11lb. Didn't realise they exercised that much though, i just saw the bit where they were sliding down the hill then running back up. x

I've seen bits of it a couple of times, and yes for the amount of exercise and healthy eating they do, a 2 lb loss must be very disappointing. Knowing how hard it is to loose weight, I take my hat off to them because I think to endure such a routene they are absolutely desperate to change their lives for the better, it's taken real commitment, and good on them!
Personally for what I eat and the amount I exercise a 2 lb loss is great and more importantly sustainable. Avarage jo with a job, partners, children etc wouldn't have the time to commit to such a training regime unless doing something like the biggest looser, I do hope after the show they receive after care as it would be such a shame if all their hard work went to waste x

Odd question but Is it safe to exercise so much? I know all the contestants go through vigarous tests and and are monitored (hense one guy not being allowed to take part) but is it really safe for 25 stone Joe Bloggs to go from zero exercise to 4 hours intensive workouts a day?

Exercise is something I'm slowly introducing to my lifestyle, 15/ 20 minutes of moderdate workout 2/3 times a week plus lots and lots of walking. If I starting doing long sessions of high intensity cardio Id be scared of having a heart attack!

I don't know I was thinking that myself, I've just started running and am told to have a rest day inbetween running days. Last Sunday I ran for 3 mile in mornin, and did a Zumba class in the evening, I felt that was too much nearly killed me lol

I would lose 6lb a week for the prize money alone! There was a contestant years ago who got himself ery dehyradted on purpose at weigh in day

I love this show so much!!!! They work out mental amounts so i'm never really surprised when they lose loads of weight

Back