Billy Elliot - The Musical

Maximus

Gold Member
Was just going through some old bits and pieces - tidying up andthrowing out etc. and came across tickets from 2009 for the above show at London's Victoria Palace Theatre.

Possibly one of the best nights entertainment I've had (outside of a football stadium). I think coming from County Durham and from mining stock really helped, but what a fantastic show this was.

A friend of mine, who I give a lift to work to, actually booked tickets recently to see it on Broadway as they honeymooned in New York!

Has any here seen this or planned to visit the capital? - if so I can whole-heartedly recommend it.

For years I thought the theatre wasn't for the likes of me, but now I'm hooked - it really helps that work puts on trips with discounted weekend packages too.

Steve

I love love love the theatre, especially musicals. Absolute favourites are The Lion King (for all the costumes and theatrics), Blood Brothers and Les Miserables. I haven't seen Billy Elliot, but have heard fantastic things about it.

The next on my list to go see is Wicked. Would love to live closer to London so I could just jump on a train and see what last minute deals I could get!

I saw Billy Elliot last Oct an thought it was AMAZING!!!! I'm a big musical person myself, and each year go to London for a long weekend and fit in as many shows as we can. I have also been to New York which was fabulous! I thoroughly recommend Mamma Mia, the Lion King, and when it comes back to the West End Sister Act!! I didn't enjoy Phantom, not really sure why as the set was fab, just wasn't really interested in the show

I loved that! My Dad was from a mining village in Durham. I remember going on the miners march in London, much against his wishes. I think rmembering the strength of feeling at that time really helped in this musical. But it is brilliant.

I hope that's the SOL you spend your spare time in

Theatre is my favourite thing in the whole world to do as a night out and I have missed it so much here.It is one of the things I am looking forward to when we get home.

The theatre followed by a theatre supper is my idea of heaven.

When I lived in the U.K. my work took me to London often and I was wined and dined by the companies I was seeing. I was so lucky as most of them knew of my passion and took me to the theatre. I saw Evita 5 times, Cats almost as many.

Since we have lived here, all of 30 years, we have only got back for the theatre twice. Once to see Phantom of the Opera and another time to see Miss Saigon.

Billy Elliot is high on my list of things to do even if I have to go to New York to see it !!!

I took my MIL to the theatre to see Phantom and she is wheelchair bound. The theatre were AMAZING with sorting us out and they made sure there was someone helping us at all times. That was just the once, and we got a taxi from Euston (there is ramp access all the way round) so just a tip - it can be done.

Also a lot of body magic pushing her round/up hills/ramps! :) xxxx

I loved that! My Dad was from a mining village in Durham. I remember going on the miners march in London, much against his wishes. I think rmembering the strength of feeling at that time really helped in this musical. But it is brilliant.

I hope that's the SOL you spend your spare time in
Your hope is rewarded. From God's own county and coalfield, there could be no other pet;)

Back