Binge Eating disaster!!!

IWillBeAYummyMummy

Supercalifragilistic
Oops! BED took hold of me Wesnesday big style :( 2 burgers, fries, nachos, cake, milkshake, chocolates, toffee and a lot of calorific drink. Woke up yesterday morning to a 7lb gain!!!!! Not worth it. Got back on but thinking I should seriously consider FBT? Jumped on the scales this morn to see 3lb gone tho yey :)

May I ask what FBT is? :) x

Yeah CBT on a touchscreen phone with ling nails lol x

long* even lol x

Haha. I must admit as a BED sufferer I don't like cbt, it doesn't work for me. Do you have the Riley book? I'm also planning on using a slimpod post cd. Good luck getting back on it. Sadly, being slim doesn't work as a motivation for me to stay slim so I need to do something to get out of this vicious circle.

i'm a terrible binge eater and its something that worries me when i finish CD because obviously i'll have to eat normally again at some point and i think the thing for me now is because i'm in ketosis, part of the binge crave is curbed due to the fact i'm never hungry. i have been considering starting hypnotherapy when i finish CD and start on slimming world. on a normal diet, you will have to rigidly plan your meal intake and times to ensure you stay out of hunger which scares me a bit as sometimes i can be very busy with balancing a full-time job and university so some night i dont get home til past 9 and although i'm ok now coz i'll have had shakes and water at a decent hour, when i'm eating again i'm scared i'll just reach for the chocolates again when i have long days :sigh:

lumpyandbumpy said:
i'm a terrible binge eater and its something that worries me when i finish CD because obviously i'll have to eat normally again at some point and i think the thing for me now is because i'm in ketosis, part of the binge crave is curbed due to the fact i'm never hungry. i have been considering starting hypnotherapy when i finish CD and start on slimming world. on a normal diet, you will have to rigidly plan your meal intake and times to ensure you stay out of hunger which scares me a bit as sometimes i can be very busy with balancing a full-time job and university so some night i dont get home til past 9 and although i'm ok now coz i'll have had shakes and water at a decent hour, when i'm eating again i'm scared i'll just reach for the chocolates again when i have long days :sigh:

completely agree and understand! I'm planning on doing WW when I hit goal to teach me portion sizes etc. I think it would be stupid to assume we'd hit goal and our problems would dissappear. Saying that, I do think that hopefully i will be one of those people who freakishly watch the scales for gains lol x

completely agree and understand! I'm planning on doing WW when I hit goal to teach me portion sizes etc. I think it would be stupid to assume we'd hit goal and our problems would dissappear. Saying that, I do think that hopefully i will be one of those people who freakishly watch the scales for gains lol x

lol i'm already obsessed with the scales! it is difficult to lose and maintain weight but i'm hopeful that seeing as i've managed to stick to SS so far that when i do start on Slimming World i will hopefully have a hold on my cravings! failing that, i hope the hypnotherapy does provide some support! x

Wow & there's me for feeling bad for having a Pita Bread last week. Still managed to get a loss this week though.

xSinead said:
Wow & there's me for feeling bad for having a Pita Bread last week. Still managed to get a loss this week though.

I don't feel bad, why should I? If I let myself feel guilty i'd just give up. No point in throwing in the towel when I did so well up to then and again since :) i'm confident i'll still have a loss though!

I think i'd feel bad for eating all that junk, but then again i'm in a different mind set to NOT binge like that, the most i'd have is a pita bread or slightly too much grilled chicken than i should have. But yeah, its your journey so you'll do it your way.

When you have binge eating disorder feeling bad & guilty often triggers more binges hence the fact that you need to focus on other feelings & not judge behaviour as good or bad, just necessary at the time.

AnnieAnnie said:
When you have binge eating disorder feeling bad & guilty often triggers more binges hence the fact that you need to focus on other feelings & not judge behaviour as good or bad, just necessary at the time.

Thank you :) i'd rather look at it as a one off thing. It's not like i'm constantly eating off plan or picking. I get that some people don't understand BED but i've had it since I was 12 along with other eating disorders and BED is the only one I still struggle with sometimes.

wow this has inspired me i suffer really bad from binge eating have gained 8 stone in a yr ahhh. started cambridge but had a major depressive epiosde which led to 3 whole days of bingeing and gaining nearly a stone ahhhh i was ready to give up and not bother returning to cd but after seeing im not alone i know i need to focus again and start seriously on the diet again im just worried my cdc will tell me off like a naughty child for doing it lol o well i need to grow up and face what ive done and get bk i on it so i dont gain another 8 stone this yr xx

wow this has inspired me i suffer really bad from binge eating have gained 8 stone in a yr ahhh. started cambridge but had a major depressive epiosde which led to 3 whole days of bingeing and gaining nearly a stone ahhhh i was ready to give up and not bother returning to cd but after seeing im not alone i know i need to focus again and start seriously on the diet again im just worried my cdc will tell me off like a naughty child for doing it lol o well i need to grow up and face what ive done and get bk i on it so i dont gain another 8 stone this yr xx

I have no idea why, but reading this made me cry.
I was 20 stone 8lb just a few weeks ago when i started this diet, next week i'll be in the 17's. I used to watch half a ton mom and cry my eyes out thinking that one day i'll be bed bound and so big that nobody bothers with me or cares. You don't realise what you're doing to your body until something happens. And like you say, within a year the stones just creeped up and you get bigger. This diet works, if you put your whole heart into it and fight like its the most important thing in your life, you'll lose so much weight and what i've found the best thing about these last 8 weeks, is that i'm starting to like the person i've been for 22 years, for the first time, ever.

Sinead that's spot on. I also thing that if your suffering from BED maybe seeing some other therapy could help!

Just a thought don't know if that's nieve (sp??)

hi thanks for the support i know i can do it and need to do it as have alot of other issues going on as have been diagonised with bipoler and the medication has also made me gain weight so the doc said i need to loose weight before i try another medication as it wil prob make me gain weight so im starting this diet being medication free which is hard as im getting bipolar side affects but im determinded to do it binge eating didnt affect me til i was ill adn being ill saw me gain so much weight quickly i need to learn to live with my illness but also get bk to the person i was as i have been ill for nearly 5 years an my life has been on hold. im 25 and have decided waiting for the docs to find a cure isnt helping so im going to have to do it myself fingers crossed i can do it xx

My dad has suffered from Bipolar all of my life. I've had depression on and off since i was 14, Its hard but if you're anything like me, the weight issues are the source of the majority of my issues. I feel personally once i feel good about how i look, all the other issues will get ironed out in their own time. I've had therapy over the years, councelling, i have also been on medication which actually made me worse. But like you, my doctor also agrees the weight is the core of my problems.

If you ever want someone to talk to, or just rant about if you're having a bad/good day, messege me, any time! x

Back