Binging in the evenings!

Gingabyte

Hey,

I'm following weight watchers and during the day I am able to stick it it no problems. I have a light breakfast, light choice meal at lunch time and maybe a small snack in the afternoon. The problem comes in the evening when I am at home. I will often end up going to the kitchen cupboards every 1/2 hour to get more food and its all junk. I recently had to move back in with my parents for a while as my room mate moved out and this means I don't have as much 'stuff' to do in the evenings to keep me busy or the company I want but I wondered if you have any other suggestions to beat the cravings!?

Thanks
Chris

Hiya. What time do you eat your evening meal? I try not to have mine until at least 9pm so that I don't have a long hungry evening! I find if I have a low calorie snack or two in the evening, the thought that I've still got my main meal to come helps keep me on the straight and narrow. xx

This is where i struggle too. I used to eat about 5pm but am slowly putting it later. Then i end up up eating crisps and biscuits later on.
I shall eat mine about 6.45 this evening.
Tracy, isnt there a problem with going to bed on a full stomach though if you eat that late? Depending on what time you go to bed i suppose.

Hi Slim! I believe that's largely a myth. I eat at 9pm and go to bed around 10.30pm. In terms of weight loss, I've dropped 5 stone in the last 8 months, and I can't exercise, so I keep doing what works for me. All the best. xx

Well done for losing that much weight, thats alot. Do you have much more to lose? I lost over 4 stone just over a year ago but it has all gone back on now. My new doctor gave me a severe talking to on Tuesday so i am back here again.
What sort of low cal snacks do you eat?

Oh I've got more to lose, lol, as much again. I too have lost and regained many times, just hoping, as I approach 50, that this just MIGHT be the one that sticks!

As for low cal snacks, I always have a box with dry cereal in it - I buy those variety packs that have little portions of things like Shreddies and Cheerios, and I nibble on them all through the day. Also Alpen Light bars, Special K mini bites, low fat snacks like Morrisons Eat Smart or Walkers Baked, Muller Light or Shape yogurts, the list goes on! Not a huge fruit fan, it seems to make me hungry, but have made a real effort to eay more veg with my meals. xx

I eat about 3 bits of fruit a day but i have to watch it because i am type 2 diabetic and there is quite a lot of sugar in apples and bananas.
My problem has always been portion control. I cook a load with the intention of freezing it but it never reaches the freezer. Now i portion the raw meat into 1 portion amounts then freeze it and get out one at a time.
Its good if you enjoy veg. I love it. I have eaten just a bowl full of brussels a few times with a bit of gravy.
I have shape yoghurt everyday too. If i buy those alpen bars or crisps, i cant trust myself not to eat them all in one go. So i just dont buy them. Hopefully one day i'll manage to have them in the cupboard and not eat the lot.
How have you done today?

Back