BINGO WINGS!

Cate

I have just started on my SS journey but due to sciatica I cannot do too much physical exercise, but I do a fair amount of walking.

However, anybody got any tips for an exercise for the dreaded 'bingo wings', as well as all the other lumpy bits its the 'wings' I hate the most, and with summer coming would like to tone them up a bit.

Try some very light weights 1 or 2 kg. Use these to do bicep curls and tricep exercises. This won't hurt your sciatica. Have you tried chiropractic for your sciatica they are brilliant.

you can use a weight (or a tin o beans) and clasping iit in both hands above your head bend your elbows so that the weight is going behind your head and repeat - I find that much better than the traditional bingo wing exercise - good luck

I agree with drlarious, i go to womens gym and that exercise is what they told me to do for bingo wings, you can also do it sitting down. Another way is to get have a bench long ways in fromt of you, place 1 knee on the bench and 1 arm (so left knee and left arm), keep your back straight, place a weight (or can of beans) in your right hand and raise your right arm so its horizontally in line with your body. Bend your right arm at the elbow and make a 90 degree angle , then straighten it up again. You must keep your arm close to your body.

I know this sounds complicated but it does give real good results....i was given this tip by a personal trainer and used it last time i lost weight, i did notice a difference.

Thanks for the tips, I think I will go with the tin of beans and sitting down, my sciatica affects my knee too so this one seems the best option for me. I will also consider chiropractic for the sciatica. I havent had a flare up for ages, typical, I am doing the Race For Life in June, well, in my case not so much a race, more a quick walk.:D

Back