Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Birthday Cake, to eat or not to eat?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by alybailey, 23 August 2011 Social URL.

1. alybailey

alybailey Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.84%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Slim fast
    Morning everyone, i'm new to this board (but not new to atkins) I'm currently doing low carb/shake diet. Sounds odd I know, but when doing conventional atkins I feel so full all the time I dont want to eat, so I now mix it with low carb shakes (not atkins, I work in a gym so get them there) for breakfast and lunch then a normal low carb dinner and it works better for me (slow and steady weight loss).
    Anyway, its my 30th Birthday tomorrow!! and my mum has called and asked if I want a cake? She knows I'm low carb and it would be more for the kids and hubby, but didnt know if I might have a slice too.

I said I wouldn't as I'd set myself a mini target of 10 stone to be by my birthday, which I'm still a couple of pounds away, so definatly no cake. Thing is now I'm thinking, is life too short to worry about 1 slice of cake?
    :devilangel:
    What would you do? x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zion

Zion Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.4lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    If I'm honest, I would have some cake. Your only 30 once, and if you can't have a treat on your birthday then when can you? Just don't use it as an excuse to have a carb binge and not get straight back on the wagon. Good on you if you have the resolve not to though and either way have a happy birthday :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. ber-297

ber-297 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(42.34%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    i would have the cake , but get bak on the wagon the very next day :)

i'm gonna be 30 in a few weeks , had wanted to be at goal but know i'm not gonna make it but i'll be still be taking time out to indulge for my birthday :)

5. mightymonocle

mightymonocle Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.87%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Have you thought about baking your own low carb cake to minimise the damage yet still have yourself a birthday treat?

6. Alpaca

Alpaca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(28.22%)
    Diet:
    Atkins, low carb, low cal(ish), low fat(ish)
    Happy Birthday Ali - for tomorrow... I think if you can make a low carb that would be the first option - otherwise as it's such a special birthday I'd probably have a slice of the naughty one! :)

7. imso

imso Full Member

If it was me i'd stay away from the cake.... but then i'd probably end up celebrating with several bottles of wine and a bag of crisps

Happy Birthday, what ever you decide :)

8. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    Happy birthday Aly! If you want a slice have one, but beware of the sugar rush if you've been strictly LC. I had some sorbet on holiday & felt awful. Spinny, dizzy & had to lie down, lol. Never again for me. I would stick to bubbly :D If you can't make a giant sweet mim with cream & berries then enjoy your cake & get back to LC tomorrow. Enjoy it what ever you decide :D

9. alybailey

alybailey Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.84%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Slim fast
    thank you everyone, I'm still undecided, I have had a good breakfast, and it will just be me and the kids until my mum comes round after work at 4, then hubby home at 6, then I start work at 7pm so I think a good lunch too then maybe a very small slice of cake, or a sweet mim is a GREAT idea, although when i've made sweet ones in the past they weren't that nice, so we'll see. x x x

10. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I definitely agree with making a sweet MiM, I would do a rich chocolate one and top with cream and treat myself to a few raspberries or blackberries. Happy Birthday!! :D

11. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Happy birthday:). If you did enjoy the cake - get some water down you:D
    Xx

12. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and MFP
    Happy 30th Aly!!!

Hope you have a lovely day, cake or no cake - and defo have some bubbles to celebrate! :)

13. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a lovely day x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.