Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Birthday Cake !! ??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by wheezy79, 13 January 2010 Social URL.

1. wheezy79

wheezy79 Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    My Fitness Pal
    Its my husbands birthday tomorrow and I always make him a cake, Ive promised him a chocolate cake complete with chocolate buttons :eek:
    Now what do I do, make his lovely yummy cake and...
    1. Be really good and just look at it, smell it and maybe pinch a chocolate button.
    2. Have a small slice as a treat after all its a special occasion.
    3. Have a slightly modest slice and really enjoy every mouthful.
    4. Dont make a cake and tell hubby if I cant have it neither can you!
    5. Eat the whole thing and blame it on the dog!!

Im open to suggestions LOL:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. melvina

melvina Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.88%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Haha! I like your options!

I'd say absolutely make him a cake, and of course you should have some! As you say, it is a special occasion. Your husband will want you to enjoy it with him, and it's when you start refusing to be a part of special things like birthday cake that things can start getting awkward with loved-ones while you're losing weight. And we don't want that!

Maybe have a slightly lighter lunch, free up a few points. If you go over, be really angelic for the next few days.

EAT THE CAKE! Just stay in control.

MrsFatBum likes this.
  4. wheezy79

wheezy79 Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    My Fitness Pal
    Yeah I think thats what im going to do, I had a late lunch today so will only need a light tea, and im being good the rest of tomorrow too, he's getting a full fry up and im having a crumpet or 2 lol, but I prefer that anyway, ive gone right off fried food.
    thanks for the support :)

5. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would make it and then cutt it up into even portions, maybe 12. Then he can always have 2 but you can have one slice and know thats enough. When i get to cut my own slice i always make it a teeny bit bigger!

6. omnomnom

omnomnom The mother flippin'

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting and Exercise
    You could point the ingredients for the whole thing then divide by the number of portions. See if it's worth it. I have a terrible craving for chocolate cake ATM!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.