1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday meal out for a friend...advice and thoughts appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by kirstabubble, 17 December 2010 Social URL.

1. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    WW Online
    Hi everyone.

Right, I've had a terrible week this week...I've pretty much ignored the fact I'm on SW.

So I'm doing Success Express today, Sunday, and any other day next week when I don't have plans (which currently is only Thursday!) and then being really good and focussed the other days and picking the most suitable plan...

Anyways, I out tomorrow evening for a friend's birthday - we're going to a place called Zero Degrees in Reading.

Mussels, Pasta, Pizza, Salad, Blackheath, Cardiff, Reading, London family restaurant

That's the menu...it's not great for SW but I'm going to do my best.

I've got an idea of what I might have...just wanted some opinions...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW Online (Green)
    Yikes, that is pretty unfriendly for an italian as most of the pastas are creamy. I would suggest the linguine or penne or maybe the nicoise or caesar salad excluding dressing? Enjoy!
  4. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I just replied and by mistake closed the window... so here goes take 2.
    i would have to start
    Stuffed Field Mushroom (N)
    Flat field mushrooms filled with pine kernels, spinach, currants, cherry tomatoes

least that gives you some super free and sounds delicious. in fact i would pick that anyway...

main wise they all sound nice.... but i would stay away from pizza and cream based dishes... risotto would be made with a lot of butter...

i think i would go for
    Teriyaki Chicken Salad
    Marinated teriyaki chicken, egg noodles, carrots, spring onions, cashew nuts, mange tout & dried shallots served hot & topped with coriander

says its served hot and doesnt sound like a boring salad. i think that sounds lovely

all the pasta dishes sound fattening but assume they are made fresh. i noticed on the reading christmas menu they have the below which has no cream in it. might be worth asking if you could have that if you wanted it.
    Spaghetti ai Gamberi
    Served with asparagus, prawns, cherry tomatoes, garlic and chilli
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.