Birthday meal out for a friend...advice and thoughts appreciated :)

kirstabubble

Silver Member
Hi everyone.

Right, I've had a terrible week this week...I've pretty much ignored the fact I'm on SW.

So I'm doing Success Express today, Sunday, and any other day next week when I don't have plans (which currently is only Thursday!) and then being really good and focussed the other days and picking the most suitable plan...

Anyways, I out tomorrow evening for a friend's birthday - we're going to a place called Zero Degrees in Reading.

Mussels, Pasta, Pizza, Salad, Blackheath, Cardiff, Reading, London family restaurant

That's the menu...it's not great for SW but I'm going to do my best.

I've got an idea of what I might have...just wanted some opinions...

xxx

Yikes, that is pretty unfriendly for an italian as most of the pastas are creamy. I would suggest the linguine or penne or maybe the nicoise or caesar salad excluding dressing? Enjoy!

I just replied and by mistake closed the window... so here goes take 2.
i would have to start
Stuffed Field Mushroom (N)
Flat field mushrooms filled with pine kernels, spinach, currants, cherry tomatoes

least that gives you some super free and sounds delicious. in fact i would pick that anyway...

main wise they all sound nice.... but i would stay away from pizza and cream based dishes... risotto would be made with a lot of butter...

i think i would go for
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Marinated teriyaki chicken, egg noodles, carrots, spring onions, cashew nuts, mange tout & dried shallots served hot & topped with coriander

says its served hot and doesnt sound like a boring salad. i think that sounds lovely

all the pasta dishes sound fattening but assume they are made fresh. i noticed on the reading christmas menu they have the below which has no cream in it. might be worth asking if you could have that if you wanted it.
Spaghetti ai Gamberi
Served with asparagus, prawns, cherry tomatoes, garlic and chilli

Back