Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Birthdays

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by b_n_3003, 4 August 2009 Social URL.

1. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Silver Member

It's someones birthday in my office and they have bought cakes, I'm ignoring them and having water though.

People are being all 'oh just have one, or a half of one it won't matter' and are really dense about the whole 'yes it will' comments I'm making, they just won't accept it that I don't want one (well I do but I'm making a positive choice not to have one)

Rant over.
    Water please!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good for you!

It is my birthday next month. I am not sure what to do. I haven't told anyone at work I'm on CD (and would rather keep it that way) but we make a big deal of birthdays here and I know there will be cake. Not quite sure how I am going to get out of that one!

4. JustJen84

JustJen84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    cakes so over rated, shakes are whats in.

i know what you mean though people just dont get that having a bit of this or a bit of that really will affect it

5. NettyJ

NettyJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    0st11.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    15st0.1lb(94.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    i had the same predicament on friday. same happened here in the office ! i just said no politely and people were like 'aw i cant believe she wont have a little piece, just a piece' it was almost as if they felt sorry for me !!! they will be sorry when they have an extra inch of fat on their backsides !

6. NettyJ

NettyJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    0st11.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    15st0.1lb(94.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    lol at cakes are over rated.! brilliant.

7. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

Diet:
    CD
    tell people you are alergic to eggs?! haha but not easter eggs next year :D

8. alexmummy07

alexmummy07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.47%)
    Diet:
    CD/SW
    You're doing the right thing hun, just say you don't want to tempt yourself into anything more.

Think of those scales on W.I. day when you have stuck to it 100% - keep going hun :) xx

9. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Oh god I share your pain. I don't know exactly how many people there are on my floor, must be about 200 ish, divided up into four groups. By virtue of my role i 'look after' all four groups and thus am on all four group email distribution lists. I swear not a day goes by without someone coming back from holiday with goodies, having a birthday, buying krispy kremes 'because its a wet tuesday in august' or similar. What makes it double worse is that the 'usual place' for one of my groups is RIGHT outside my office door. I confess, last week I could not resist the mini rice crispy cakes.

Usually I just delete the emails and ignore and feel smug.

10. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Silver Member

HUH! it's someone else's birthday today, and even though they know I'm on a diet they've been trying to force stuff down my gob - again :eek: !
    And I carried the basket in the supermarket that was chocka full of goodies ...... birthdays should be banned :mad: !

Apart from my own of course, and anyone on the forums, because we deserve them :D

11. louisajane222

louisajane222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(30.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    ah those shake places are going up everywhere but I like my cambridge one thanks! Birthday cakes are a killer for me ! I'll show you my little girls first birthday cake I had made and I couldnt eat any of it :0( looked yummy! then again it did look too nice to eat too!
    We also went to costco and bought loads of muffins and cupcakes .. yum!

Attached Files:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.