Bit bored!

danii27

Hi all,
I'm on step 2 810 cals I'm on day 10. So far I have been a virtual saint and have followed the plan to the letter - however I am getting bored and with boredom comes the feeling to cheat!
It's not the shakes or porridges or bars but the 1 meal a day which Is doing my head in. There's only do much plain salad or veg with chicken, tuna, prawns I can take. I've had poached egg with mushrooms a couple of times and all I could think of was wanting tomato ketchup!
Does anyone have anyways to jazz up the meals? I've read the 810 sticky and find it to be similar to what I'm doing already. Does anyone eat sauces or salad dressing here or there and it not affect their weightloss? Does anyone have any banned (but healthy) ingredients like tomato, avacado, salmon etc? Would love to hear any tips or advice?

Last edited:
just bang a bit of balsamic on.

im ssing but when i came of last time i had lot tuna salads with balsamic vineger

danii27 said:
Hi all,
I'm on step 2 810 cals I'm on day 10. So far I have been a virtual saint and have followed the plan to the letter - however I am getting bored and with boredom comes the feeling to cheat!
It's not the shakes or porridges or bars but the 1 meal a day which Is doing my head in. There's only do much plain salad or veg with chicken, tuna, prawns I can take. I've had poached egg with mushrooms a couple of times and all I could think of was wanting tomato ketchup!
Does anyone have anyways to jazz up the meals? I've read the 810 sticky and find it to be similar to what I'm doing already. Does anyone eat sauces or salad dressing here or there and it not affect their weightloss? Does anyone have any banned (but healthy) ingredients like tomato, avacado, salmon etc? Would love to hear any tips or advice?

Balsamic! Also look on the stickies for meal ideas....x

Hi I'm on ss and on day 19 so almost at them end of my 3rd week and am feeling very bored I think its the weather my favourite time for jacket potato and salad or a BBQ I just crave a nice salad I'm holding on as results so far r good but not sure how I'm going to manage much more

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'm just hoping I can stave off the boredom. For me it's the hardest bit. Was bit naughty today and put half slice of low fat cheese in my omelette! But naughty I know but it was the only way I could stomach the eggs without my beloved ketchup!

I know I shouldnt but I do have a lil drizzle of ketchup on my omlette....and a rasher of lean bacon chopped into it ...and 2 extra egg whites lol....its minging without innit;p
x

Be careful guys low fat foods are usually higher in carbs then normal fat foods x

I did check carbs before I went mad with the half a slice! Lol -it was about 0.2g a slice so hopefully I'll get away with it this time!

danii27 said:
I did check carbs before I went mad with the half a slice! Lol -it was about 0.2g a slice so hopefully I'll get away with it this time!

That's what i like to read ;) lol x

I know I shouldnt but I do have a lil drizzle of ketchup on my omlette....and a rasher of lean bacon chopped into it ...and 2 extra egg whites lol....its minging without innit;p
x

I don't know why that's annoyed me sooooo much. But it really has.

I think it TOTM.

keep it to yaself then hunni I was just trying to help, your just being rude

Last edited:
No, I wasn't being rude. I was annoyed at the post because we are trying to be 100% on this forum. And by reading posts about people adding ketchup on food, really isn't very helpful. And actually, it's not helpful to tell people that adding ketchup is ok - because they may do it, and they not be able to get away with it.

Maybe you should have kept that gem of information to yourself.

I'm being helpful by letting (probably a lot of new members to CD) that adding ketchup to food, isn't allowed.

havent you even red the inital post? the lady whos bored is on 810 this isnt in the 100% forum. so get back on your broomstick!

Last edited:
You do what you have to do to keep yourself on track. A little bit of ketchup isn't going to hurt. Its not for everyone of course but if it helps you then hey! I don't judge others on how they do THEIR diet and i really wish others would stop doing it to.

People do judge tho. People do ask advice. This what this forum is about. And what's wrong with me giving my advice - and that would be, don't use ketchup.
That was my opinion. People can choose do what they like. Use ketchup - not use ketchup, but if people think it's ok to use it and it knocks them out of ketosis, well, maybe they should know what could possible happen if they choose the ketchup route. That's all.

A word of warning, ketchup contains citric acid which will take some people out of ketosis and cause losses to slow right down. I think it seems a shame to prolong your weight loss journey for the sake of a dollop of ketchup. There's a sticky with meal ideas that might help liven things up a bit.

"Food is not comfort if you're not comfortable!"

Last edited:
Back