Induction Bit Down

Hi all, new to this game, my name is Scott, from Yorkshire in Uk.
Tried all kinda diets from quick fixes like grapefruit n cabbage diets to the more serious Slimming World .
Lost a few pounds on each but got bored n stopped doing/going :(
Anyway started reading bout the Atkins as I needed to do something as I was fast approaching 18 stone :-/
So bought a couple books trolled the net, and started week last Fri.
All went pretty well, got the headache's straight away which lasted for a few days, and got weighed on the Monday after doing 3 days and I'd gone from 18.0stone to 17.9 , 5lbs off .
Great , so carried on and by The following Fri (7days on Induction) I'd dropped to 17.3 , 11lbs off :-D
So this got me really motivated and cracked on with it over the last weekend and just weighed myself now 6pm and I weigh 17.5 :(
Not really done anything different apart from yesterday (Sun) I didn't eat anything till 7pm as we were at a event and only did fast food so just had water, i know I should of prepared something to take and in future I will.
When I got home I made a meal consisting of 2 90% steak burgers and 4 90% beef sausages , 2 eggs and a big salad , since that meal I've felt bloated and heavy if that makes sense.
Just wondering if any tips on how to keep motivated and improve the weightloss .
Thanks in advance for any replys
And happy that I've found a site with Propper like minded folk :)
Scott

Ps are the choccy bars I've seen posted about on here from boots allowed on the induction.
Thanks again.

hi scott i noticed you weighted in at 6pm i would advice weighting in the morning after your first wee but before any food or drink passes your mouth as i gain 2-4 lb threw the day so will see your true weight in the morning , also you must try stick to you 3 meals a day as your body can go in to starvation mode and hold it all , also atkins says to spread your carbs threw out the day as to much at 1 time could kick you out of ketosis u won't get big losses every week it will slow down dramatically the 1st week is mainly water but all i can say is what diet are you on where you can eat all this lovely food and still lose weight every 1lb counts and remeber plenty of water and not to much salt as salt may cause you to hold water showing a untruthal gain on the scales that could be very demotivating , stay strong and take each day at a time ,the weight will come of onwards and downwards hun x

Thanks so much for reply, thought that's what might of happened the starvation mode bit :(
And all so did think I was wrong in weighing myself tonight instead of the morning.
The bloated feeling from last nights meal as finally gone , just had chicken with veg ( sprouts x8, broccoli and cauliflower and green beans, basically 80grammes of each which I think is ok ??
And then had a Atkins Advantage chocolate brownie bar
Which made me feel pretty sickly
But first sugary thing for nearly 12 days :)
Also had a glass of Coke Zero, both these sugarary things I read about on here , which I think are ok in moderation , I think :)
Scott

Hi Scott I havnt started Atkins yet I'm floating around at the moment, ive also done the quick fixing diets like you, did cabbage soup for so long thought I was going to turn into a cabbage!!!

As honeytemple Said I would definatly recommend only weighing in the morn, after the first wee pref with nothing on or underwear!!

Good luck on your Atkins journey your doing great, keep posting on the site, were all very friendly :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ha ha turn into a cabbage lol:D
thanks for reply too

how do i get one of those crazy weight loss scales on bottom of my posts the ones with start weight at one end and goal at other :confused:

The weight loss ticker, mines off mfp, (my fitness pal) do u have that? Or just google weight loss tickers on google there's a few sites that do them x

Welcome :)mfp is great, if you don't have it you should join :D x

hi scott! sounds like your doing well, just need to be prepared for days out, it does make a huge difference, knowing that you have delicious 'legal' things to eat in your bag.

for a weight loss ticker, try here: Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Hi Scott

Yes, I usually weigh a couple of pounds more in the evening, especially after a heavy meal. Only weigh on the mornings, preferably after a trip to the loo.

It won't be starvation mode after only two meals missed - that takes a few days at very low calorie levels to have an effect. Though your body might have clung onto some water if you got dehydrated.

Weight naturally fluctuates. Try and weigh just once a week so the fluctuations don't get you down. The speed at which you loose will also naturally slow right down after the first week so don't be concerned there.

I really strongly do not recommend sugar free chocolate or Atkins bars while you are trying to lose weight. They won't take you out of ketosis but the forms of artificial sweetener they contain can stall people or even cause them to gain. I'll bump a post about them.

cheers Marty for heads up on Ticker
think i got it working below :D

Cheers Moonlights,for advice on Atkins bar but by time id read the reply id indulged :eek:
Not as nice as the 200g bar of Galaxy id norm have ,but did a quick fix ,going to limit to once a week, as thats how I'm liking this by setting myself goals.
so that will be my Thurs night treat.
Just that Thurs used to be Takeaway night in the Skywalker household :)

Well just got back on the dreaded scales after my first weeeee of the morning like you lot told me to ;-)
and I'm down to 17.1 :)
So that's 13lb in two weeks
Scary , crazy stuff,
Maybe different story next Fri as I've got a two day wedding this Mon/Tues :-/ I'll try and control myself and keep away from the buffet :(

Well done that's an absolutely fantastic loss you must be so chuffed ....lovely start to the weekend x

Thanks you should get one :) x

Back