Green Days Bit low :(

letsgetlosing

Not feeling very positive today :( went over syns yesterday (32) and feel fat and bloated today . Also seem to be having trouble with lentils last night I caught my self in the mirror, side on, and I looked 7 months pregnant! Even my t shirt had ridden up my belly! So I went to bed with that imagine of myself and now I feel pretty rubbish today . My kids are up at 6 every day and I just want to lay under the duvet to re coop but that's not an option :(
So am staying away from lentils as much as I love them. Also had same problem with soya. My foods are being limited !
Sorry to sound so dull and depressing , just wanted to rant ! Sts in my first weigh in haa also knocked me a bit , I was convinced I would have a big loss because I had been eating junk for weeks previously. Oh well. Look forward to next weeks weigh and will cut my syns down for the next 2 days or so ;)

Also as a PS , I seem to have really bad bloating and cramps after I eat lentils and raw carrots. Anyone else e perience this ,

I only do Green days and eat loads of lentils and beans (I also have Crohns which can be a problem with the these) but an Indian friend told me to put maybe 1/4 tsp of Hing in with them to counteract the bloating. For me it seems to work and anything is worth a try.

It comes in a small yellow pot from the Indian shop and is also known as Asafoetida powder.

Thats a really good tip about asoofetida , I use it in my cooking but have never thought that it actually helps with the bloating.
Letsgetlosing, you will have lost weight in your 2nd week, I only lost 1lb in my first week and already halfway through my 2nd and the scales have moved and I am sure they will for you. Why did you go over your syns? was it because you were hungry? something sweet? Next time before you eat anything that will take you over your syns, come on here, chat with someone , by the time you have finished you wont want whatever it was and will opt for something free and you will feel a lot better for it. Hope today goes well.

Thank you for your support :) syns were wasted on a bottle of wine , opened, chatting and before I knew it , was gone! Glugglug ! An determined to shift those scales so limited syns over the weekend ! Lots of speed and super free on the shopping list !

Yesterday i had a bad day too. To start with I weighed myself (doing SW from home) and had lost 1lbs only, then went for an interview was mega nervous about it. Managed to control myself until 5 o'clock and then for a couple of hours went off the rails. Then suddenly I realised what I had done and decided to draw a lind under it and start again.
Today I did Green day and have done well.
It is good that you are back on track today. We are all human beings and from time to time go off the plan due to various circumstances.
When cooking lentils soak them for 30 minutes or so then rinse and make sure to bring the pan to fast boil before reducing heat.

Hope you're feeling better. Wine is dangerous isn't it. One minute you're measuring a perfect amount to fit in with your syns and the next the bloomin' bottle's gone! You can do this though. Come on - back on the SW waggon xx

BTW - thanks for the tip re the powder to go in with lentils. I do lots of green days at the moment and love lentils, but they can bloat me out as well. I shall get some of that.

Yes I will add that to my lentils next time although after the last few days , I'm kinda off lentils ! ;)
Kept at about 10 syns yesterday, will do same over weekend as have no plans. So no temptation !
Really really hope scale shifts on Wednesday. Have cut bread out and use my hebs on oil and maybe will have some chicken tomoro. Lunch will be a super speed , super free soup of some concoction and dinner will be SW chips with homemade no fat coleslaw :)

Back