Bit of a worry...

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
My dog will eat anything and everything, if we eat it, he wants it (and anything else that's not even edible!) but he turns his nose up at all of the exante foods! Makes me worry about what's in them?!

My cats are like that too, they will eat anything left unattended! I've caught them raiding the salad bowl on occasion. Caught mine eating the Thai chicken soup on Tuesday, lol (I'd left a third of it as it was so disgusting - not happy as on day one and hungry!!!)

Shame about the soup Sarah. Have you looked through here for ideas on what people do to make them more palatable? I'm lucky, I quite like them as they are, just as well seeing as my pooch won't finish them off!!!

made me smile too and although the exante products are fine because they use sucralose be very careful if you use other meal relacement bars etc as xylitol which is often used as a sweetener (in a lot of sugar free gum/sweets/diabetic biccies etc too) is lethal to dogs in even in a small dose (3grammes can kill a 65lb dog). It causes a sudden severe hypoglycaemia soon after being eaten. I had a scare recently when one of my dogs ate half a packet of my mother's diabetic biscuits but luckily the ones he ate had a different sweetener

Goodness! I didn't realise that could be dangerous to dogs too. Had a (very expensive) scare at the weekend when he ate 30g of very dark chocolate, he's only tiny and we had to rush him to the vets. Best keep to doggie food and treats. (Him, not me, lol)

LOL @ you two! If I open a bar then decide I need the loo or something I have to leave my OH on guard with it. My pup isn't so fussy!! I just gave him his dentastick and I can safely say I'm not feeling that desperate yet ;)

I'm put off his treats just by the smell of his breath. Seriously, you'd rather have the other end than have him huff in your face!!

Back