bit of advice from anyone who can help please

newcastlechick

hi folks, as you know ive always been a mega fan of this diet - its gave me my life back and i now feel great... heres the "but".... for the last few weeks my hair has been shedding at an alarming rate. ive always had thick glossy hair and my pony tail is now so thin and lank. i dont seem to have any balding patches or anything its just generally molting from everywhere. you could make 5 wigs with what ive hooved up in hair and im getting to the point of being scared to wash it. tonight i have washed it but not using hair dryer as i can then see all the hair in the brush (im not talking a few strands either) anyway with my hair having originally being thick its not noticable to people.
im just sooo frightened its all going to fall out to the point of being very very tearful about it (which of course wont help)
i'm on 810/1000 i know its due to the stress of the body with a v low calorie diet, but i havent heard anyone else on here mention it happening to them, im sort of "why me"
i cdc said to just move up to 1200 and get through plans asap but im scared of putting on weight. its like im stuck between a rock and a hard place.
can anybody help reasure me please - or advise me on what to do.
i've been having lots of veg and odd slice of toast in the hope it'll put it all right. I know you get new hair growing in but thats no good, i've been growning my hair for the past 3 years and have visions of me having to start all over again.
any advise would be great. thanks every one :cry::(:sigh::confused::grumble::sigh2::sad0071: ( i feel all of these!!!)

Hi this can happen as I understand it, if you go onto 1200 you certainly won't put on weight, you just may lose it a little slower. Worth it to keep a lovely head of hair I'd say ;)

Ive been losing hair since day one (well it seems like day one)

My hair is thick anyway so doesnt really notice too much but i know what you mean. I can wrap my hand around my hair at any given time and lots & lots will come out in my palms :(

Im not worrying though as my friend who was on LL had this happen and it all stopped when she stopped the diet as it were

Try not to worry too much x

Ive been losing hair since day one (well it seems like day one)

My hair is thick anyway so doesnt really notice too much but i know what you mean. I can wrap my hand around my hair at any given time and lots & lots will come out in my palms :(

Im not worrying though as my friend who was on LL had this happen and it all stopped when she stopped the diet as it were

Try not to worry too much x

Thats exactly what its like. Im trying not to worry i really am but im so frightened of loosing my hair (sad but its my pride and joy!!)
theres not a moment when it isnt coming out. thanks for info on your friend who done LL and it stopped when she went on grub - made me feel a little better.
think i'll start on 1200 on wed, i go on holiday on friday to portugal for 4 nights so will be having a bit more food (and drink) anyway so maybe that coupled with the sun and not stressing about it might help$$

Hey Hun

I know it's a frightening thing and cd could be to do with it, but i have same thing and not even restarted cd. my hair was falling out all the time (poor diet probably), i then saw a shampoo mentioned on here called rejuvx. It is pricey but have been using it for a month and my hair loss has reduced lots, only few strands come out instead of loads...obviously I won't know till a few months in to cd if it'll help but could be worth a look :eek: link below

hair loss advice: get free hair loss advice from Rejuvx.co.uk

Last edited:
Hi there, I had the same problem on LL when I reintroduced food! Can be caused by the body coming out of "starvation mode" apparently. It lasted for a few months and seemed worse as, like you, I had long hair at that time. It eventually stopped falling out and I had lots of new baby hair growing. No-one but me and my hairdresser noticed as I have thick hair but I could certainly tell it was much thinner when I held it to put it up in a pony tail! It will grow back so don't worry that you will go bald but obviously the new hair will be shorter!

Hi there, I had the same problem on LL when I reintroduced food! Can be caused by the body coming out of "starvation mode" apparently. It lasted for a few months and seemed worse as, like you, I had long hair at that time. It eventually stopped falling out and I had lots of new baby hair growing. No-one but me and my hairdresser noticed as I have thick hair but I could certainly tell it was much thinner when I held it to put it up in a pony tail! It will grow back so don't worry that you will go bald but obviously the new hair will be shorter!

was it so bad you had to cut your hair so were you able to keep it long? i dont want to cut mine, i have the hairextension clips which i wear when i go out and it makes it obviously thicker. wouldnt care but i've only just got another batch of new hair through (off what i lost whilst preg!!) i'm gonna have 3 length hair at this rate

Ya know what though, I'd rather have thinner hair than be a big fat marshmallow again :D

Just my spin on it

Chin up x

haha - i keep saying to everyone at work - i might end up bald but i'm bloody thin!!! hahaha - gotta stop trying to worry about it really i have otherwise stressing will just make it worse.
i have my holiday on Friday, have size 14 bikini bottoms and top is now 34F (can i just say the F is not a la jordan style - i wish!! lets just say weight loss./gain/loss/gain/loss and breast feeding havent exactly served me well) all the same once in the correct fitting bikini top they look bloody great (i will just never have to take it off :-D)
and i then tried it on with just my cropped combats and NO cover up top and you know what i'll happily walk around the pool like that.
so i guess theres a massive silver lining to my tiny dark cloud
thanks you've all helped me stay more positive about this

Back