Black Coffee??

Davey1984

Hi all, as we are allowed to drink Black coffee does this have to be instant coffee or can I drink fresh (ground coffee) I really don't like instant coffee?

xxx

You can drink fresh - any black coffee is fine.

jaqui62 said:
Hi davey,
How did you get on with your first weigh in! you can drink ground Costa do a lovely de cafe Mmmm my fav.

jaqui

I'm ready to give up, Iv only been on the food packs for 2 and a half days and I'm really struggling, I'm ready to give up!! I can't take no more, Iv got 6 stone to lose and there's no way can I live like this :-( xx

The first week is hard - after that most people don't feel hungry and things get a lot easier. I would suggest that you give it a week and see how you feel. It would be a shame to give up just before the easier bit.

weasey said:
The first week is hard - after that most people don't feel hungry and things get a lot easier. I would suggest that you give it a week and see how you feel. It would be a shame to give up just before the easier bit.

I can't live like this, I just want to cry! I feel so weak and so sick! I'm very depressed right now!

I've been on this for 26 weeks. Believe me I know how hard the first week can be. But that is the toughest week. Beyond the first week I've hardly ever felt hunger. That makes this diet so easy for me to stick to! I've lost 6.5 stone in 6 months and have up to another 3 stone to go. I have never been this light in my adult life - I am not a yo yo dieter who has lost lots of weight before on other programmes. This one has worked for me because I don't feel hungry and the packs are easy to prepare and take a lot less time than cooking would! At the end of the day it is your decision about whether to continue. But why go through the pain you've been through and not give yourself the chance to reap the reward?

Dave, the diet can make you very emotional too. Have a hot bath and an early night. Things will seem so much easier in the morning. And you'll be so proud of yourself if you can battle the cravings... because that's usually what it is, not hunger, but cravings.

A lot of this diet is psychological, the way we think affects the way we behave. Start being positive, tell yourself you can do it. Because we all know you can, you just need to believe in yourself.

Dave, you can do this! I promise that once you get to day four things get a LOT easier. Be kind to yourself. Do whatever it takes to get through the first few days. Early nights are a great idea, TrimT. Pretend you have the flu. Look after yourself. Once you get into ketosis it really and truly does get much more do-able.

And do remember, so much of this programme is the mind games that go on. Your mind will put up a fight because you're trying to change some really ingrained behaviours. Switching from using food for comfort etc to only being on packs is a BIG thing for your brain to cope with and it's going to rebel and complain! Remember why you decided to do this in the first place. YOU are in charge, not your cravings.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! HANG IN THERE!!!

Try and keep busy all you think about is food for the first few days but try and think positive and in your first weigh in you could already be a stone down! My brother also started a few weeks ago lost a 1st half in the first 10 days! He was told he could loose his 6 stone in 3 to 4 months! You must try and embrace this this is your opportunity to take control of your own happiness and health! It is a diet that works with positive results. Take each day at a time and give yourself small achievable goals. We have all been there at the beginning keep drinking water. If I can do this anyone can. I never stick anything out or see things through but I'm determined to do this x We are all here to help and support you and each other xxx

I can only echo what has been said before. I'm in my second week and I really really struggled in that first week. But after my weigh in and seeing that huge loss it motivated me for this second week.

This second week has been completely different. So much easier. I am not hungry and the cravings for food has lessened. Stick with it it'll be worth it!

Oh no its going to be fine if you have sinned lol you will have lots of support from all of us on here just be positive tommorow, its still early enough to round a friends and take your mind off of the fridge.

jaqui

I ate a real chilli con carne, I drank a diet coke and a spoonful of ice cream! Iv failed miserably now and it's only the 3rd day, I have most certainly prevented myself from getting into ketosis now! Im so unhappy xxx

you know what look at my post Diet Coke i have 1-2 a day although its coke zero as it has no acid so cant take you out of ketosis well it does work for me i lost 6lbs last week a total of 2 stone in 6 weeks, dont beat yourself up about it its not worth it.
I think it comes off so much quicker for men as you will fine and if you read mens posts on here keep writting and we will all keep you in godd spirits..... and thats not gin or vodka lol.

jaqui

I feel like crap now, my first weigh in is on Tuesday and I'm defo not going to be in ketosis by then and it would have made all this hard work I have put in these last couple of days for nothing!

Hi Davey,
Try not to over think LL. It really is as simple as eat the 4 packs spread over the day, and drink the 3 to 4 litres of water, and black leaf tea or coffee. Try not to worry about ketosis and the exact moment it starts. Stick to it and it just works, don't worry about it. Keep your mind busy with other things, read some diaries of successful LL'ers who have reached goal. They are really inspiring.
You will have already cut down your calories so much in just 3 days, get back to LL until Tuesday weighin and you WILL still see results for your first week. Get over this one blip, don't throw away your hard work. In the meetings you'll learn about all or nothing thinking, and that you need to change that thinking, instead make the decision to stick to this. Every time your tempted make the decision again.
From experience I'd recommend to Keep away from food, don't go near it for the first week. Don't open the fridge or cupboards that have food in. Dont' talk about it, smell it, or even think about it. In a couple of weeks when it gets easier it won't even bother you to sit with others who are eating. You will be so happy with your losses that you won't want to break it.
We are all here to support you...

Great post from ELAB...very sensible words.

Going back to the orginal question about coffee, I struggled with black coffee, but I found the better the quality, the easier it was to drink it black. I also enjoyed a 'latte', a vanilla shake with a spoonful of instant coffee or a 'mocha', a chocolate shake with a spoonful of instant. You find out what works for you.

Good luck!

Back