Blackpool

Discussion in 'Holidays' started by kazz, 9 January 2008 Social URL.

1. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi

Anyone know anywhere nice to stay in Blackpool, close to everything, but not too expensive?

Thanks

K

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have a number of a guest house called the Windsor Carlton, We have stayed there on 2 occasions and found it very good.

It is just off the north shore almost on the front..., 01253 354924

Web site: THE WINSOR CARLTON GUEST ACCOMMODATION Blackpool

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Thanks will take a look!

5. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :D When are you planning on comming?? it`s like a ghost town at the moment everything is shut down now till easter, the best place to stay is in South Shore or Central. Give me a shout if you need anymore info:D

6. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi Alan, myself & bloke are planning on coming over March 28th for 2 nights since my darling child is spending 2 weeks with her grandparents!

We want to do it as cheap as possible, totally aware that we will spend a small fortune on rides & stuff so are trying to find somewhere decent to stay thats cheap as chips!

Do you know the best way to get from Liverpool airport & how long it would take? Am contemplating hiring a car if public transport wil be too expensive!

7. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Can you not fly direct into Blackpool Airport?? If not get a train from liverpool to Blackpool south, if you go to North station you will pay a bit for a taxi, some of the B&Bs around the Pleasure Beach only charge £15 a night, when is Easter weekend, cos all the prices go up a bit on Bank Holidays

8. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Easter is early this year 21st march is good Friday

9. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    We can fly to liverpool for 76 quid return (for both of us) but it will cost over 180 to fly into blackpool, which I just cannot justify paying!

Yep, as HM said easter is march 21st....we are going to dublin that weekend so need to make blackpool as easy to afford as possible!

10. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save

Have to say Hedgemag that the Windsor looks lovely. I've stayed in plenty of the £15 hotels in Blackpool (used to go on girlie weekends about 2-3 times a year) and lets just say..... you really do get what you pay for ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.