Blenders?

pantayra

I'm really sorry if this has already been asked recently but tried to look on the search bar on MiniMins and came up with posts from 2008 so think i must be searching wrong :eek:

I was wondering if any of you could recommend a decent blender not too expensive that can handle ice for the shakes and mix well as i keep getting lumpy shakes at the moment with my not so great whisking technique haha. Thanks in advance :)

I use a stick blender for ease of washing up. I went for the one with the most powerful motor for my price range, so I got the kenwood HB711 triblade hand blender, which has a 700w motor.

For ice crushing, it's the motor power you want.

Thanks for the reply Spangles, well done on your amazing weight loss.

I think i am going to also go for a hand held one, i like the shakes as they are at the minute so maybe not need ice for now until i find the right one, just get something to make the shakes less lumpy :)

Thanks for the reply Sue, think i might go shopping tomorrow and have a look at them all, was going to get a hand blender but now thinking maybe a glass type one, will have a look though as so many different types :)

oooo i have heard they are good Joanne i did have a look at a few online. I was talking to my sister about it today and she said that she had a blender and said i could have it, not sure if it can handle ice yet as she never tried it only really used it for soups, even if it just mixes the shakes good i will be happy :)

I got a basic hand blender from Morrisons for £9, I doubt It would be suitable should I want to use ice in the summer but its great value for normal shakes x

Thank you for all the replies, Will see if my sisters blender is any good with ice and if not i have a few ideas of what to look for now, loving the shakes im just rubbish at making them at the moment haha :)

Kenwood Smoothie 2 Go is the best and super convenient- comes with 2 cups and lids!!

Back