Blending vegetables like baby food...

laurenmay

Gold Member
This might sound bizarre, but the only way I can see me being able to eat vegetables is if I blend them up baby food style!

My son is 11 months old, and I always cook some chicken for him with vegetables, blend them all up with a bit of gravy and then separate them into lots of small tubs to be frozen then taken out whenever he needs a dinner.. I've tried them a few times, and their really tasty, the texture is obviously sloppy and thick but I don't mind it.

He usually has chicken, broccoli, potatoes, carrots and cauliflower, and apart from the chicken - I hate all these veggies! Think it's more so the texture that throws me off rather than the flavour.

So I'm thinking of cooking myself some chicken and veg, portion sizing and weighing everything, then blending it up as I would for my son, cause this is the only way I can see myself eating vegetables!

Does this sound weird or stupid to anyone? I want the goodness of veggies, I don't wanna go without them!

Doesn't sound weird at all. If that's the way that works for you to get vegetables, then go for it! Good for you for finding a way to fit veggies into your life.

Could you not make it more like a soup? You cAn still blend it but it would be a bit runnier

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back