blew it

losit

I COMPLETELY BLEW IT THIS EVENING.
I ate all around me, I just can't do it anymore, I feel like such a failure.

A failure is giving up altogether! Just sort out tomorrow and start again!

dont give up, just consider it a blip and get back to it, remember small steps lead to long journeys, stay positive if you can :)

Hey hun don't be too hard on yourself,today is a new day and your previous stats prove that if you want this you can do it x Take a deep breath and start again xx ps don't even ask what Santa left me with- but I plan to recycle it (via the gym and maintenance) cos I don't want the pounds to multiply which they will if you just leave them!!!!

Hey,
I am so in the same boat as you. I said I was going to start again new years eve - blew it!!! New years day - blew it again. I seem to manage the first 2 shakes then start eating about 4pm. I am so going to get over this blip and so are you.
I am starting again tomorrow when the kidz go back to school, and I am staying 100% till half term (end of Feb)
Set yourself a new start day and be strong, you are not the only one who finds it hard to get going. If it was easy, none of us would need the support from this site!!!
Good luck and remember, I'm with you on this.
x x x

TracyAnne said:
Hey,
I am so in the same boat as you. I said I was going to start again new years eve - blew it!!! New years day - blew it again. I seem to manage the first 2 shakes then start eating about 4pm. I am so going to get over this blip and so are you.
I am starting again tomorrow when the kidz go back to school, and I am staying 100% till half term (end of Feb)
Set yourself a new start day and be strong, you are not the only one who finds it hard to get going. If it was easy, none of us would need the support from this site!!!
Good luck and remember, I'm with you on this.
x x x

Ditto... Beven trying to restart since 28th. Today is the day!!! xxxx

losit you are no failure you have commited yourself to what is probably the hardest diet ever and most wont even attemt to try it, you went all day in the plan and that is a success so what you went off course thats life everyone at one point or another will do the same, what all us dieters have is this thought if we slip we have failed but we need to get out of that thinking its a slip on a long path to reaching our goals. Be kinder to yourself lovely you are not a failure your human like us all.

Sorry you are so down in the mouth and feel a failure, I have the Master's Degree in failure, you sound like you only have the GCSE so take heart! Today is a new day. Begin anew. Log on later and tell us how you have gone this afternoon.

Hi,
I don't think I was in the right frame of mind. I'm struggling with depression at the moment and have a lot to contend with. How do you all juggle everything and stay motivated. I had a terrible 2011 ans was really looking forward to 2012. I think I'ii give myself a few days to get re energise and go again.
Thank you for all the support.

hello :)
First of all I think you are being SO hard on yourself... you are absolutely NOT a failure for starters, we all have blips/quit/bad days etc, I honestly think its part of the course for us - if food wasnt an issue for any of us then we wouldnt be on a diet would we?.... its natural! Alcoholics can steer away from booze for life when they decide to come off it and get 'clean'.... you cannot do that with food. You need to deal with it every day, physcially and emotionally - its tough! there is absolutely NO getting away from it no matter how strong or weak you are...!
You are also battling depression too :( Its not easy for any of us that have an easy time.. let alone with added things thrown in the mix to test you at the same time. Cut yourself some slack and take one day at a time.. by piling pressure on yourself & saying you are a failure you are setting yourself up to fall at some point thru no fault of your own. We are all human, things happen and its bloody tough this diet malarkey!!
if your stats above are correct then I think you should be absolutely over the moon with yourself and how far you have come... dont look at the negatives - i would absolutely LOVE to be 11stone 7 for a start ;D LOL! I will do u a swap for my 13.13 anyday ;)

chin up lovie, one day at a time and if you feel you can get stuck in then theres lots of us around!! :)
xx

Every one here is right - Just pick yourself up and start again. Remember this is for you not anyone else it's only you that is let down so remember that you are the only person who can forgive you - so forgive yourself and start again. go for it!

you have all been so supportive, thank you so much. I know you may not think 11.7 is that heavy but it weighs on me as i'm only 5'2''.
I have found this threasd so helpful and have decided to give myself a break and start again next week.
Thanks again.

losit, you are not alone... I guess there are times when we are afraid to try again because we hate the feeling of failure. But you honestly havent failed if you keep trying. Make small goals ... like just get through ONE day first. And then celebrate your success and revel in that good feeling that comes cause you did what you set out to do. You may have lost a small battle but you sure as heck havent lost the war :D
I reached my target on 23rd Dec but have put on 11lbs over the holidays :O I'm now 11st 3 and I'm only 5'3 BUT I knowwww LT works... Ive seen it happen with my very eyes lol ... so I know if I go back on 100% for a while I will get back to my target (I'm on Day 2 again). Let me tell you that there is no feeling on this earth that feels the way you do when you finally get to where you want to be. Sending you lots of love and hugs at this difficult time. You are at a crossroads here... I sincerely hope you take the road less travelled.... cause you are stronger and more able to do this than you think!! :) xx

you have all been so supportive, thank you so much. I know you may not think 11.7 is that heavy but it weighs on me as i'm only 5'2''.
I have found this threasd so helpful and have decided to give myself a break and start again next week.
Thanks again.

Just start now - don't wait it's like falling off a horse you have to get back on asap!!:D

I think everybody has said it all already but the one thing you are not is a failure. You are one big success. It is always hard to look at the big picture when you have had a blip but look at you - you have lost 4 stone how fantastic is that!!! Don't be hard on yourself - as the song says 'pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again'. Although it is tempting to start again next week - why wait? If you can get back into it straight away. Best of luck - we are here for you. x

hey ,
thanks for all the warm gestures and support. I am pleased to report i'm winding down after completeing day 1. The pharmacy will give me tfr shakes for 3 weeks or untill i'm 11 stone, whichever comes first. Thanks again, i couldn't do it without your support.

Back