Blimey, getting started again is hard work ...

juju_doll

juju_doll
I was supposed to start back on it yesterday, didn't happen. Today I got to 3.30 and then binged. I really need to get started again as I've put on 11lbs :eek::eek: over xmas. I know quite a lot will be water, but...... argh! Anyone else struggling?

Wow your weighloss is fantastic :)

Remember your achievements already :) I'm day 2 again and so bored all ready

Yeah me! I put on about 3lbs over the 2days. I'm finding I'm hungry and also bored! Just trying to think of the end result!

Me too. I don't know the damage yet as I had to work today which is WI day, but dropping in Friday to get weighed. I meant to get back to it yesterday but strayed, back to it today, so far so good.
I read an interesting article today to inspire me, its called 'what if its all been a big fat lie' from new york times 2002. It talks about low carb diets and ketosis and how simple carbs make you fat.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have not stuck to LL over christmas, in fact i have not had a food pack for 2 weeks. I'm absolutely dreading going to weigh in, feel very guilty.... I should probably still go to weigh in though shouldn't I? Best to draw a line and start again? What do you think?

Hello all you lovely people:) I've not started LL yet (begin 10th) but can i just say how fantastic you all have done so far, and not to be disheartened because you strayed a bit over christmas! When you all reach your goal, and anyone in general eats more of the festive season, so don't be beating yourselves up over it, you've worked hard so far and deserved a little bit of what you fancy. If anything it's helpful to realise what your triggers and food weaknesses, so that when you get to your goal weights you know what to be quietly aware of=)! Just keep your eye on the prize and think this time next year you can easily be at where you want to be *hugs*

JuJu, when is your weighin? Hope you are finding it a bit easier...
I actually lost 1.5lbs at my popin WI (shock!). It does pay to keep at it even if you are finding it hard to stay 100%. I'm still not back into ketosis yet as I have eaten a snack at friends house a few times, but I'm sure it will be easier once I'm back to work and normal schedule. I just have 2.5lbs to go to get under BMI30 but I don't think I'll get it this week with not being in Ketosis.
You can do it JuJu, we've come so far, lets get to goal.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have not stuck to LL over christmas, in fact i have not had a food pack for 2 weeks. I'm absolutely dreading going to weigh in, feel very guilty.... I should probably still go to weigh in though shouldn't I? Best to draw a line and start again? What do you think?

DEFINITELY to your weigh in! What's done is done. Don't leave it any longer to get back on the waggon and feel completely brilliant for Summer! Chrismtas is a time that is incredibly difficult food wise.We all deal with it differently. But even if you've put on a stone, you can lose more than half of that in a week and soon be back to being a 'loser'!
Your LLC will have seen it all before. The most important thing is not putting off going for a weigh in. Christmas and new year are done. Time to get back on track!!

I'm back focused and bloated! I strayed over new year. My first group back is not until next Monday I think I have more or less stayed the same. Fingers crossed by next week I will have made a better difference!

I'm planning to do a few weeks of packs after the excesses of Christmas. It's been great fun but I don't need to weigh myself to know I've gained a LOT. All my clothes are mega tight. Ugh. Hey ho. Onward and downward! Group isn't til next Saturday, but I have some packs away that I can use, and I'm glad I will have started losing again before I get weighed! I think otherwise I would majorly beat myself up. It's been a mixture of things triggering me: partly just the whole abundance of Christmas, which I love - both eating and preparing for other people. But then tiredness and self-pity from being a Mum at Christmas, where I end up doing loads to make it nice for everyone else but no one looks after me (!) - and then finally some stressful family news, with my hubby's half-sister being terminally ill. I know it would be better to deal with these things in other ways than with food and/or alcohol, but I'm still learning and old habits die hard.

Hi folks, my weigh in is tomorrow. I managed 2 days after xmas then new year knocked me off the wagon again and I've really struggled to get back on it since. I'm sitting here now thinking of every excuse under the sun to eat. Really not good. Argh!

I'm the same! Not back to work until tomorrow so I'm sabotaging myself by saying in my head that's it ok to eat today as I'll start tomorrow! Just glad it's so windy outside as its putting me off going out for any food!! x

My mind is saying that weigh in is tomorrow so as I'm going to have put on weight there is no point starting until then ...

Ha ha same kinda thinking as me. I officially start back on thurs but then if we start now, just think you can lose pounds in just days! x

Ive just restarted again today after 3 weeks off and putting on 8lb (ouch)
Im freezing cold, got a headache and bit peed off already but im gonna just stick with it get these 4 days out of the way and will be much better!
How r u doing???

Well it's day one & I'm still on it. Feel fine, just wee'ing loads!! Still 2 packs to go & I've got about 1ltr of water to drink still xx

My first day too and hanging in there! How's everyone doing?

I've done rubbish, but tomorrow I have my weigh in so I'm starting a fresh and I'm going to see it as a new start for the second half of my weight loss. It's bloody hard getting restrted so hats off to you ladies!!

Did ok til this eve then picked while making my hubby's dinner. Gah! Right. I am going to do this!

i was ok until half an hour ago grrrr so annoyed with myself to get so far through the day then eat :mad:

right tomorrow is another day and i will be on it going forward 100%, i have to be :(

Back