Blimey I'm unfit lol

DearFatty

Silver Member
Some of the girls I work with have managed to persaude me to sign up to do the 10km race for life in October. I thought it would motivate me to get fitter as I lose my weight and have therefore invested in a treadmill !!
Today I spent 15 mins on it, and at the end thought I was going to need oxygen lol ...
Hopefully it will give my weight loss a boost though and I won't die on the way round the race.
Anyone else signed up for any event for motivation ?

If it was a race with mobility scooter's then count me in.......anything else... sorry no good for me I'm afraid, good luck with it, you still have plenty of time to get fitter for it...

15 mins! That's a triumph! I would need the paramedics after 10!

I haven't signed up for any event but I do have a treadmill and 15mins was the most I could do on it for weeks! Haven't used it as while but I intend to get back on it. Well done on signing up for the race ~ great motivation and it will help with the weight loss too! xx

I signed up for the 5K Race for Life for motivation. My only problem is that I am on a first floor flat and so cant get a treadmill so I have to run outside which the rin has kind of trampled all over. When I do get the chance to run though it has boosted my losses and I feel good afterwards...........it was just getting over the initial embarrassment.
My race is 2 weeks today!!!!
To make things worse, my brother is trying to convince me to do a half marathon with him in October. 5K is plenty for me though, dont even know if I will make it round in one piece for that haha!!! :)

Hiya,

I have signed up to do a half marathon in October as well so this is my motivation!! I have been training quite a bit and regularly have used the gym since Jan. 15 mins is great - believe me the more often you train the fitter you will become and you will soon see your progress!! My advice would be just don't try and do too much too soon as you don't want to burn out..

Good luck with your run!!

K xx

Back