• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Blimy - my hair is falling out!

bunnycd

Blimy, washed my hair this morning and clumps were coming out which was scary I have thick hair so it should be ok but a bit frightening! Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any tips. I have been on SS for 4 months and this is the first time it has happened. I am around 12lbs untill BMI 25. Love Bunny xxxxxxxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st7.5lb(13.98%)
This has happened to me a couple of times while SSing and my hair has grown back no bother.

My hair dresser could see the new growth growing.

Love Mini xxx

sonkie

Gold Member
G: 12st0lb
I find after showering the plug hole is clogged up......so as my hair is also thick I am not too worried. Also when I brush my hair there is more hair than normal in the brush.

Once you get to goal and start eating it should all be fine and settle down.

jane

Opinionated
Me too.
Started SSing Jan.
Started moulting End April.
CDC did warn me that 'it can happen' As soon a she said it I thought 'well that's me for def!.'
also have reasonably thick hair so not too concerned yet.
V reassured by Mini's post that it all grows back on resumption of food.

Can anyone explain the physiolgy behind this?

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st7.5lb(13.98%)
Hair loss, with a generalised thinning of the hair, is usually linked to emotional stress, severe illness, malnutrition, hypothyroidism, hormones, and (for a few people) extensive weight loss over a sustained period of time whatever the method of weight loss used. So, it is due to a physiological response to the actual weight loss process rather than to the Diet, and the incidence is very low. Hair does re-grow, usually thicker and glossier than before. It is the "lesser of the evils" and you will have the best of both worlds – a healthy weight and a good head of hair.
This condition should not be confused with alopecia whereby hair comes out in patches which is a medical condition needing treatment by a doctor
Source: cambridge company history()

Hope this helps?

Love Mini xxx

S: 21st6.5lb C: 20st11.5lb G: 11st8lb Loss: 0st9lb(3%)
This happened to me too after a couple of months on the diet, but dont panic as i dont think it happens to the extent of you having bald patches, just fluffy bits where your regrowth comes through!:)

lindylou

Silver Member
Me too!! I have been taking a hair, nail and skin tablet once a day from the beginning just incase, but it has happened anyway - I have always had very thick hair so it's not noticable to anyone else but me.

I'm a size 12 now and not an 18 so its a small price to pay!! Afterall, it will grow back as thick as before and it's not like I have had to swap my hairbrush for a duster :eek:

Rallya

My hair has been falling out for about 3 months now, I did have rather long hair down my back so the hair loss was quite scary, but I got it cut real short a couple of weeks ago and now the hair loss doesnt seem so bad :D

This doesnt really bother me as my hair is so thick anyway that you cant tell ive lost any.