Blinking blooming pizza blasted hut

Pinpant

Ok so it was MIL's birthday last week- she is OBSESSED with my kids so has let them choose where to go for birthday meal this evening. And they have chosen pizza flipping hut. I tried to wrangle them round to pizza express so at least I could have a worth it wagon fall off sesh....
However after putting on 2lbs at weigh in last night I am determined to be good this week as I start as a consultant a week Monday and feel like a total "hippo"crite at the mo (see what I did there ;)
So what to do? Have a pizza and draw a line? I won't enjoy it as I've been so good all day (despite the fact my 2 year old had an operation this morning and I was in bits) and I am determined to have a week 1 style loss this week.....
Salad bar? There's a salmon pasta thing in the book that is pretty low syn.
Dilemma tastic :(

When I went to pizza hut a few months ago I had a pasta and king prawn dish with a tomato sauce, figured it would be fairly low syn. The salad bar is pretty pants there to be fair, it's mainly creamy pastas, and not proper salad things! Try and have fun, and just do a bit of extra body magic this week!

Hope your little one is ok after op, best wishes xxx

The way I look at it, if I'm going to blow my syns it better be bloomin worth it - for me, that aint pizza hut - I prefer my pizzas from italian resturants/takeaways, I'm generally not a fan of the chain places.

If you love pizza hut pizzas then have one - if not, then pick something slimming world friendly - arent there pasta dishes and such that arent too bad (i'm not sure, havent been in a pizza hut in years)

I see your location says Bristol - me too - where is your group going to be?

Thank you hun- she's grand luckily- she just had a tooth out cos she fell off her scooter a couple of weeks ago and badly damaged one of her front teeth but cos she's still so ickle she had to have a general. She was only under for 15mins and is fine now! I however feel traumatised and sobbed the whole 15mins :(

Hi Mandy crossed posts- that's why I was trying to get them to at least pizza express which I adore- not manky old pizza hut

My group is going to be on Gloucester Road BS7 at Horfield Baptist Church Monday's 9.30am and 7.30 pm :)

Hi Mandy crossed posts- that's why I was trying to get them to at least pizza express which I adore- not manky old pizza hut

My group is going to be on Gloucester Road BS7 at Horfield Baptist Church Monday's 9.30am and 7.30 pm :)

If you're not a fan of Pizza Hut then I'd definitely avoid pizza - they are sooo high in syns and totally not worth it, have some kind of tomato based pasta dish or something.

I used to live round that way, but am now in Westbury.

Might bear it in mind if I can't make my regular Henleaze group any time (you wont get any cash off me though - I'm at target!)

Poor you, having Monday groups - you've got loads of Bank Holiday weeks coming up where you'll still have to run your groups, yet loads of people take holiday!

Hope it all goes well for you!

Can you have your tea before you go? and then just have a bottomless drink while everyone else stuffs their faces, you will feel virtuous and good and hopefull not to hard if you have a syned treat waiting for you when you get home.

I'm not a big pizza fan but I will make an exception for Bellinis!!

Not been to a Pizza Hut for years ... is their salad stuff all creamy sauces? :( I'd just try to go for a basic tomato pasta thing and cross my fingers.

BBQ chicken salad - i think that is low syns - or have a plate of Salad??

You can be good - just need to keep that focus! xxxx

Well I failed. I had pizza BUT I had a huge bowl of salad first - minimal creamy gloop and lots of lettuce corn and carrot, I then shared a pizza with my hubby and had NO wine to the extent we left 1/4 bottle behind....
Despite going way over syns on pizza I am very proud of myself because prior to SW and my lifestyle change I would have had - garlic bread with cheese, a large pizza to myself (possibly stuffed crust) a dessert (big, and chocolatey) and at least half a bottle of wine.
I am trying to change my self loathing /beat self up/ may as well carry on pigging after one bad meal mentality so I am feeling positive. I am about to get up. And do my 30 day shred, then take dog for a walk and then we are off for a night in a hotel that has a gym and pool so more body magic for me
Oh, and I said no to birthday cake too :)

I am very proud of myself because prior to SW and my lifestyle change I would have had - garlic bread with cheese, a large pizza to myself (possibly stuffed crust) a dessert (big, and chocolatey) and at least half a bottle of wine.

I am trying to change my self loathing /beat self up/ may as well carry on pigging after one bad meal mentality so I am feeling positive.

I am about to get up. And do my 30 day shred,

HI Pinpant

IM just trying to combat those feelings and mind ga,mes with a book called "self acceptance" its helping me sooo much.

I also have just got hold of the 30 day shred. Waiting to start it on the day i mean to continue as want to do every day after the other.

I meet my Mum in Bristol centre this month and as we stood in the middle i realised thereis not one place that you an go in and sit down and have healthy choices. Unless you pop in the co op and buy fuit and then you have to sit out side!

So we ended up in Pizza Hut and i must remember to write to head office as thier was no full meals of healthy choice unless you have the nearest thing being a pasta bolognese.

Im sure there has been a law passed now that it will be a requirement for all restaurants and take aways to advertise the calories on thier menus...that will be fun :D

so glad there aren't any of the big fast food chains near me lol. Nearest McD is 20 miles away. Nearest pizza chain 50 miles.

Back