Blood clot - had to come off diet

swhite

Hiya
Up until 2 weeks ago I had lost nearly 4 stone in 17 weeks on the diet
Then I got a blood clot in my leg for no reason, no long journey traveling, not obese anymore so doctors don't think it's take quite a mystery really
I'm only 21
Anyway I've bin told by my consultation to come off the Cambridge diet straight away so bin off it for last 2 weeks and put on 4 lbs
My doc says that I can do the diet whilst on my meds (warfarin) will b on them for 6 months but head office are telling my consultant no apparently.....
Just wanna no if anyone else has had any experience with this with the diet or just warfarin in general!

Sophie

swhite said:
Hiya
Up until 2 weeks ago I had lost nearly 4 stone in 17 weeks on the diet
Then I got a blood clot in my leg for no reason, no long journey traveling, not obese anymore so doctors don't think it's take quite a mystery really
I'm only 21
Anyway I've bin told by my consultation to come off the Cambridge diet straight away so bin off it for last 2 weeks and put on 4 lbs
My doc says that I can do the diet whilst on my meds (warfarin) will b on them for 6 months but head office are telling my consultant no apparently.....
Just wanna no if anyone else has had any experience with this with the diet or just warfarin in general!

Sophie

If your GP signs you off I thought that was enough. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If your have your gps support then carry it on. If cd won't allow you to continue try slim and save much cheaper and can be done online. Check mini mins boards.
Can I ask are you taking the pill or on any contraception at all?

Good luck hun.

Yeah I was not allowed anymore
They think it may b that which has done the clot as I had it for my acne as well

God that sounds awful! Hope you are ok - must have been pretty scary...
I can imagine that losing weight and getting healthy is even more important to you now. You could try Slim & Save if you can't find a willing CDC?
x

I've heard that the products on slim and save arnt very nice
And ive emailed the med department myself to ask

Was scary but still don't think it's hit me ATM
Just having to deal with having injections and my blood tested everyday and the meds
Oh and I have a needle phobia as well which makes it so much harder

If Cambridge advise against doing this diet I would definitely heed their advice as they have been around for thirty years.

I know but blood clots have nothing todo with calories and as long as I don't eat cranberries I'm fine
Also they haven't said I can't do it my CDC has

Cd are covering their backs is all i can see really.

I take an antibiotic every day for achnie (sp) called tetracycline and it is helping perhaps worth a try?

As for slim and save honestly I love the packs spag Bol and chilli come on wow lol. Order their samples see how you feel.

Yes - some of the S&S packs are really good - spicy spaghetti is my favourite and the chocolate truffa bars are fab. Definitely worth getting a few samples.

I know but blood clots have nothing todo with calories and as long as I don't eat cranberries I'm fine
Also they haven't said I can't do it my CDC has

It is probably to do with a vlcd as it changes the viscosity of your blood.

This is true it does change your blood because if you go for dental surgery etc you have to warn them. Maybe a higher plan is a better idea? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sorry to hear that, well hope you get better soon :):eek: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Back