Blood Pressure & Heart Rate

shelz

Silver Member
I have recently been suffering from a lot of diziness and light headed spells when getting up in the morning or standing from the sitting position. My fiance bought us a blood pressure monitor so that he could check my blood pressure at regular intervals.

The blood pressure is almost always 90 something over 50 something and my pulse is always under 50. Last night it was 43bmp. Could this be the reason why I am suffering from these light headed spells. I have been reading a little on the subject but would like some other peoples views on the matter.

I also suffer from hypotension (low blood pressure) and have done for years. My blood pressure is about 90/60. I asked my GP about it as I kept fainting in the shower and always feel dizzy in the mornings. He said that blood pressure drops when you sleep and that the hot shower in the morning causes blood to go to the skin dropping my blood pressure further which is why I pass out.

On the plus side he told me not to worry as it is common in young women and actually means I will 'live for a long time' as I'm less susceptable to hypertension etc. He just advised me to take cooler showers and to lay down with my leg elevated if I do feel dizzy.

I hope that helps, all I would say is see your GP and get them to check your heart just in case, because even though generally hypotension is nothing to worry about its best to be safe and know theres no underlying condition causing it

Count yourself very lucky Low blood pressure is a very prized asset in this society. It means you will live for a long time, preserve your organs much longer than someone with high BP.

Just look after yourself when dizzy, putting your feet higher than your head usely helps.

Back