Blood Test Results

Sweethearts

Gold Member
I had a blood test taken at the end of August this year, waited about 2 weeks till i called up to see if my results were ok and I was told they came back as 'no action needed' so I was of course happy about that.

This morning though I received a letter from my GP saying they would like me to make an appointment to discuss my test results further. I am really confused because I was told they all came back fine over a month a go. Can anyone shed any light? I suffer from extreme anxiety too so it is driving me crazy. xx

I don't think that anyone here can be of much help to you - we would only be guessing. The only thing you can do is to ring up the surgery and ask when you make the appointment.

Sorry not to be of any help, but I hope you get your answer soon.

As Anna said, we'd only be guessing but what's the betting they just want to see you to 'officially' tell you that everying's fine.

Thanks.
I told her that I'd contacted the surgery to ask about my results and was told they were fine, to which she said there must have been a mix up with names. She said she couldn't tell me what it is about because of confidentiality which i understand i guess. I have an appointment for tomorrow so hopefully i'll have peace of mind then!

Hope today went well and everything is okay x

What have they given you for that.?
Is it something that your missing in your diet?

It is a lack of iron in your body, they have given me some iron tablets :)
She said it can be triggered by eating too many eggs or milk, or lack of veg with meals. I had it when I was a baby and apparently you're more at risk of getting it again if you've had it before.

It is a lack of iron in your body, they have given me some iron tablets :)
She said it can be triggered by eating too many eggs or milk, or lack of veg with meals. I had it when I was a baby and apparently you're more at risk of getting it again if you've had it before.

Just a question. Did you start losing hair. Just asking as my daughter who is just 15. Has started to lose more hair than normal. And she does sw with me. I think I may take her to doctors. But wondered if she may also be lacking something in her diet.

Just a question. Did you start losing hair. Just asking as my daughter who is just 15. Has started to lose more hair than normal. And she does sw with me. I think I may take her to doctors. But wondered if she may also be lacking something in her diet.

Hi there,
defo worth taking your daughter to the doctors. There are many reasons for hairfall and vitamin deficiency is on of them.
Hope it goes well.

also, Lindseyjessica, glad that your blood test was ok and they sorted you out .

Kate :) (p.s., I am a practice nurse working in a GP) :)

My hair is very thin and is always falling out which was the main reason for me going the docs in the first place.
Hope all goes well with your daughter autumnbabe, its worth checking out just incase!

My hair is very thin and is always falling out which was the main reason for me going the docs in the first place.
Hope all goes well with your daughter autumnbabe, its worth checking out just incase!

Thanks LindseyJessica. I have started giving her some vitamins for hair and nails and going to get her some omega 3 vitamins tomorrow. We are going to give this a week then see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't ill make her appointment for next Friday.
I will let you know how we get on. I don't want to worry her to much about it else that may stress her which then go turn will make it worse. But ill keep you informed.!
Thank u again

I thought I would just see how things are with you now that you are taking your vitamins.? Have you noticed a difference yet?

My daughter has been taking them 2 weeks now and still no improvement so taking her to the doctors on Thursday

Last edited:
Back